GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 to copy Cube Price Cut ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/10/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Posted it here because no-one ever visits PS2 forum and can't think of any other reason - except the news came form a Cube site.

"The site GameCube Advanced referenced an unnamed executive at retail giant Target who claimed he had seen promotional materials announcing the new $99 price point. According to the executive, the price drop would occur in mid-November.

Officials at SCEA would not confirm the price drop, but they didn't exactly deny it either. "SCEA is very comfortable with the dual-pricing plan as announced on August 19," a SCEA spokesperson told GameSpot today. "We have not made any announcements regarding additional pricing adjustments moving into the holiday season."
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I did notice the story there when I got my info, but decided not to comment =)
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
My info was copied and pasted from Gamespot also :)
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
FYI from Gamespot:

Following the GameCube's recent price reduction, Nintendo announces that sales of the console have risen by some 400 percent.

Following the GameCube price reduction in the UK last weekend, Nintendo has announced that sales of the £79 console have risen by some 400 percent in the first two days. Exact sales figures for the weekend are not available at this time, but Nintendo UK is obviously very pleased with the results of its price drop with a number of key titles scheduled to be released in Europe between now and Christmas.

"The new price for Nintendo GameCube is great news for everyone, ensuring the console and our great range of software is available to all," said David Yarnton, general manager of Nintendo UK. "The Nintendo GameCube library of games are unbeatable, and with all the major players developing exclusive and unique games for our system, there has never been a better time than right now to enjoy Nintendo GameCube."

Announced earlier this month, the GameCube price cut for the UK came into effect on October 10 and will be implemented across the rest of Europe on October 17.
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony cut the price. After all, the Cube is currently the top selling console. In the US at least.

XBOX will have to follow suit, of course.
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Posted it here because no-one ever visits PS2 forum and can't think of any other reason - except the news came form a Cube site.

"The site GameCube Advanced referenced an unnamed executive at retail giant Target who claimed he had seen promotional materials announcing the new $99 price point. According to the executive, the price drop would occur in mid-November.

Officials at SCEA would not confirm the price drop, but they didn't exactly deny it either. "SCEA is very comfortable with the dual-pricing plan as announced on August 19," a SCEA spokesperson told GameSpot today. "We have not made any announcements regarding additional pricing adjustments moving into the holiday season."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.