GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs Within Video Games Industry"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 20:51
Regular
In the past few weeks I started giving thought about eating your wife.....opps sorry wrong one:)I started giving thought about trying to land a job in video games industry.Since this is something I really want to do I have been looking at different companies websites. There are indeed a decent amount of jobs in these companies and I believe that anyone who does well in School, college, university etc and has got passion for games has a great chance of getting the job they want.
The first thing you have to do is to look for Games Testers ads on the internet or the Edge magasine which apparently hosts loads of these adverts. That is the first step to becoming a games designer, programmer, artist etc. I am very interested in this kind of jobs and I am hoping when I finish my education I will be able to sort something out.

Has anyone had similar thoughts and what do you recommend doing?Eg, what courses and stuff
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:51
Regular
"You Bum!!"
In the past few weeks I started giving thought about eating your wife.....opps sorry wrong one:)I started giving thought about trying to land a job in video games industry.Since this is something I really want to do I have been looking at different companies websites. There are indeed a decent amount of jobs in these companies and I believe that anyone who does well in School, college, university etc and has got passion for games has a great chance of getting the job they want.
The first thing you have to do is to look for Games Testers ads on the internet or the Edge magasine which apparently hosts loads of these adverts. That is the first step to becoming a games designer, programmer, artist etc. I am very interested in this kind of jobs and I am hoping when I finish my education I will be able to sort something out.

Has anyone had similar thoughts and what do you recommend doing?Eg, what courses and stuff
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I too am thinking of going into the games industry, either in programming or a games journalist (which is more what im aiming for). I have sent letters off to mags but as yet have had no replies. I keep trying though, i keep sending reviews and stuff. just need a replie or too.
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Same as above^"
I would like a job in computewr games but i'm rubbish on computers and my english is appauling...

All i can do is sit back and watch the games be made and spend my hard earned cash to buy them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.