GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girls Gamers?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 20:02
Regular
Aside from 'The Notables', do Girls have what it takes to be gamers?!

I don't think so. They don't have that spirit in them; like the gaming, friendly, footbally spirit that most lads have.

I'm not talking about the English Hooligans in Belgium or whatever because if you loved football how could you do that to the sport?!

I'm talking about passion and drive! Lads are great mates and they rarely fall out for more than 5 minutes when they're sober.

Boys bond quite well when they're gaming, they can show their friendship through co-op mode and go head to head with one another to show off their machismo and determine who's 'better'.

And girls? They only argue with each other over whether 'the Space Channel 5 bird' should be wearing #573 Rose Pink Nail Varnish or #259 Silk Pink Nail Varnish. * And whether 'the girl' in Shenmue should have her hair in a plait or in a bun. **

I mean even Nintendo must agree.... well have you ever heard of a GameGirl?!

Girls just don't know how to have fun with gaming, the fashion tips fly out, they break nails, their eyes are so untrained, the only controller experience they get is when they snatch the remote off everyone else and demand to watch Eastenders or Survivor!

They even thrust the control about all over the place in a pathetic attempt to make the character jump further, run faster or hit harder!

Girls just can't cut it when it comes to gaming!

They ain't gotta clue!

I think we're all agreed here, No?

Game

* - Thanks to Sheepy for telling me the numbers and colours of the Nail Varnishes.

** - Thanks to FM for spending about 50 minutes telling me how he does his sisters hair every morning.
Wed 03/10/01 at 11:20
i'm really sorry, but have to disagree. My girlfriend and me play RA2 over the 'net. Sometimes she beats me, but other times i kick her ass! Your view is based on any girls you have met. I do agree the fact that there aren't that many, but if you visit the RA2 Forums at www.westwood.com then you're bound to meet one or two!

And before you say something like, "well you could have dragged your girlfriend into gaming", i didn't. She was playing games like Doom, Duke Nukem 3d and Red Alert long before i met her. She has spirit, fun and passion in gaming like and bloke gamer would. Plus, she also watch football matches tho unfortunately she supports Crewe Alexandra and Man United :(
Tue 02/10/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I was annoyed when my younger sister cmpleted super mario land before I did, possibly because she borrowed it and played it for days, I subsequently completed it a few days later but she kept going on about it, so I borrowed kirbys dreamland from her and finished the game before she did ( she was stuck on the final boss which was no match fo me) and now we are even. But I have banned her from watching me play games beause she shouts out stuff on zelda which spoils the game (stuff that I had not seen yet because I was trying something else)
Wed 26/09/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
?
Mon 24/09/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
4ever wrote:
> omg... some of u people [the game] are so incredibly sexist... i'm not a girl
> but some of my best internet "Unreal Tournament" freinds are [aside
> from that most of my friends ARE girls] but the point is girls will tan you're
> hide and to say that games are a mans game is like saying "hey im a man i
> have a **** and girls dont so there!" so what i mean? anyway where would
> gaming be WITHOUT girls? i know this is a bit sad but games sucha s RR4 would
> lose there apeal without that lady in the pits and the lady in the intro? hey
> some of the biggest games only begam as big through merchandise to appeal to
> girls [Pokemon.] So next time you think of being Gamesexist think about it this
> way games are games and players are playres.

That told him
Mon 24/09/01 at 17:09
omg... some of u people [the game] are so incredibly sexist... i'm not a girl but some of my best internet "Unreal Tournament" freinds are [aside from that most of my friends ARE girls] but the point is girls will tan you're hide and to say that games are a mans game is like saying "hey im a man i have a **** and girls dont so there!" so what i mean? anyway where would gaming be WITHOUT girls? i know this is a bit sad but games sucha s RR4 would lose there apeal without that lady in the pits and the lady in the intro? hey some of the biggest games only begam as big through merchandise to appeal to girls [Pokemon.] So next time you think of being Gamesexist think about it this way games are games and players are playres.
Mon 24/09/01 at 17:08
Regular
Mr Too Happy wrote:
> Oh I say, I like a man whose forceful!

No offence or anything mate but, do you drop anchor in poo bay?
Mon 24/09/01 at 16:58
Regular
second verse same as the first
Mon 24/09/01 at 16:34
Oh I say, I like a man whose forceful!
Mon 24/09/01 at 16:33
Regular
you're an idiot
Mon 24/09/01 at 16:24
Girls shouldnt be allowed to play games, thats a mans job!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.