GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's time for another cooldogs game idea."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 19:55
Regular
After recently going back to school, I have come up with this idea.

It should be a Monte Cristo game, so if it is rubbish, you can just blame them!!!!!!

The game is... 'School: terror in the ranks'

This is essentially a managment sim. Basically you set up a school, Theme Hospital style. You should be able to guess how it works. You make rooms like Labratories, french rooms maths rooms e.t.c.

You can have common rooms, where a certain year group can relax. You have to employ teachers and manage the staff.

The main enjoyment of the game, is seeing your school, that you have built, come to life. Each school kid will have their own individual timetable, and they will go from room to room. Teachers will go and teach the lessons. Depending on the resources you put into your school, the higher the education your peeps will get. The better the education they get, the more money you get.

So if the entire year fails all their exams, you get no money, but if they get brilliant results, A's and *'s you get loads of money!!!!!!!!!!

Now here's a twist.

All building work must be completed during the school holidays each of which, last for half an hour. Each half term ends, every three hours.

Summer holidays are different, because there is no time limit on building work.

Now this may sound rather boring, like all your doing is building a big building.

Well I havent finished yet.

Building work is one third of the game

another third is paperwork! This sounds dull doesnt it, well basically, it's the hireing of new teachers, cleaners etc.
Then there's the kids results to be sorted through, special needs cared for and people wanting to visit your school. These have to be arranged, and planned for.
Lastly, and the most fun of this bit of the game, is organising events.

Every school needs a sports day, but you must organise which events will be held where, and which years will take place.

There will be 20-30 different events that can take place, from a talent contest to a school disco, to a brainbox quiz, they'fre all there.

Now you have the last third of the game, Real Time lesson changes.

In real time, all the thousands of children and teachers, whill go from one lesson to another. Boring I hear you say. Well you haven't seen this.

There are thousands of things that could go wrong in this. you could get a people jam, where no-one can move. The remedy, call some teachers in. "There's a fight" Watch as the entire school crowds round the two, (or more) kids fighting.

Fire alarms can be set off, people can fall down steps, and have to go to hospital.

These are some of the disasters that can happen in the real time section.

The worst thing that could happen is a riot.

Has you popularity, and the standard of teaching dropped soooo much that everyone hates you? Well you could be in for problems, and have to call for the police, then watch as the police swat teams sweep in and battle against the youngsters of your school.

All that and much much more (like the dreaded school inspection, and teacher strikes) are waiting for you in School: terror in the ranks.
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:55
After recently going back to school, I have come up with this idea.

It should be a Monte Cristo game, so if it is rubbish, you can just blame them!!!!!!

The game is... 'School: terror in the ranks'

This is essentially a managment sim. Basically you set up a school, Theme Hospital style. You should be able to guess how it works. You make rooms like Labratories, french rooms maths rooms e.t.c.

You can have common rooms, where a certain year group can relax. You have to employ teachers and manage the staff.

The main enjoyment of the game, is seeing your school, that you have built, come to life. Each school kid will have their own individual timetable, and they will go from room to room. Teachers will go and teach the lessons. Depending on the resources you put into your school, the higher the education your peeps will get. The better the education they get, the more money you get.

So if the entire year fails all their exams, you get no money, but if they get brilliant results, A's and *'s you get loads of money!!!!!!!!!!

Now here's a twist.

All building work must be completed during the school holidays each of which, last for half an hour. Each half term ends, every three hours.

Summer holidays are different, because there is no time limit on building work.

Now this may sound rather boring, like all your doing is building a big building.

Well I havent finished yet.

Building work is one third of the game

another third is paperwork! This sounds dull doesnt it, well basically, it's the hireing of new teachers, cleaners etc.
Then there's the kids results to be sorted through, special needs cared for and people wanting to visit your school. These have to be arranged, and planned for.
Lastly, and the most fun of this bit of the game, is organising events.

Every school needs a sports day, but you must organise which events will be held where, and which years will take place.

There will be 20-30 different events that can take place, from a talent contest to a school disco, to a brainbox quiz, they'fre all there.

Now you have the last third of the game, Real Time lesson changes.

In real time, all the thousands of children and teachers, whill go from one lesson to another. Boring I hear you say. Well you haven't seen this.

There are thousands of things that could go wrong in this. you could get a people jam, where no-one can move. The remedy, call some teachers in. "There's a fight" Watch as the entire school crowds round the two, (or more) kids fighting.

Fire alarms can be set off, people can fall down steps, and have to go to hospital.

These are some of the disasters that can happen in the real time section.

The worst thing that could happen is a riot.

Has you popularity, and the standard of teaching dropped soooo much that everyone hates you? Well you could be in for problems, and have to call for the police, then watch as the police swat teams sweep in and battle against the youngsters of your school.

All that and much much more (like the dreaded school inspection, and teacher strikes) are waiting for you in School: terror in the ranks.
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Same as above^"
This is probobly the best game idea i've read so far, but i would make one change, i wouldn't make it like theme hospital cause that game was poorly laid out, you'd need a new layout of game style.

But opther than that this game sound Mint!
Tue 18/09/01 at 21:57
I've been reading through quite a few of the game Ideas, and this one is brilliant. I think this would be a very good game, especially if it had bits of The Sims in, like you could make the children, your sims go to your school. I think that would be good.

must go

bye mr doggy thing
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:48
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
you could choose if your school was going to be privately funded or government funded: gov= regular set amounts of cash per pupil
priv= you can set the amount they pay to send the children there and get more money.
however if standards fall people will change schools
theres an element of risk.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:26
Sounds good for people who like that sort of game but personally I wouldn't buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.