GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Good' Game Ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 17:56
Regular
Nowadays when playing games , we rarely come across anything that’s truly original. So should the games industry run short of original ideas. How about these for starters*

CRAZY CRAZY SCALEXTRIC RACERS!
The idea is simple. Build your own track from scratch using the pieces given , then when your masterpiece is complete , choose from one of the many cars available and then race away!

Tracks are easily built and take a mere 2 hours to produce! When picking your car , spend time to ensure that it actually works. If it doesn’t , simply jam the ‘Virtual Screwdriver’ inside it! If perhaps you think it’s the track that’s faulty use the same procedure as above , you’ll be up and running in no time!

The game is broken down into a number of challenges. These vary from Time Attacks , to simple endurance races! Can you last 1 lap without hurtling off track into a pile of toys?

CHAMPIONSHIP BOWLS
Fans of the sport will love this realistic , engrossing simulation! Take control of one of 300 professional bowlers and see if you have what it takes to become a Bowling Master! There are 30 venues with varied terrain , including the beaches of Skeggy and Rotherham’s Town Park!

Championship Bowls offers many unique gaming modes , including Championship , Practice , Free-Bowl and the unique ‘Security Guard Mode’ , this lets you patrol the Bowling Greens at night! Watch out for Dogs and Teenagers who may attempt to wreck the Greens in a unique twist on the ‘Metal Gear Solid’ series!

And Finally…

SPECTATOR : AVOIDER OF HAZARDS
In this unique twist on the sports game , you are taken OUT of the drivers seat , and see the event through the eyes of the spectator! You can watch numerous events , including Rallying and Skateboarding. The aim of the game is simple , attend your desired event and see if you can leave unharmed!

In Rallying you will spend most of your time dodging incoming cars , and seeing if you can avoid your brand new pair of Levis getting harmed from a rally cars dust trails! Skateboarding is a similar game , only this time you must dodge skateboards that fly through the air after a fall. You have plenty of moves at your disposal , from a simple sidestep , to the ‘cover your face to avoid being hospitalized’ manoeuvere. At the end of an event you will be graded on your performance.

So there is a list of what I think are some good ideas. Thanks for reading , and feel free to add some of your own!

* These ideas are utter nonsense , and should be avoided by developers at all costs!
Wed 12/09/01 at 17:56
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Nowadays when playing games , we rarely come across anything that’s truly original. So should the games industry run short of original ideas. How about these for starters*

CRAZY CRAZY SCALEXTRIC RACERS!
The idea is simple. Build your own track from scratch using the pieces given , then when your masterpiece is complete , choose from one of the many cars available and then race away!

Tracks are easily built and take a mere 2 hours to produce! When picking your car , spend time to ensure that it actually works. If it doesn’t , simply jam the ‘Virtual Screwdriver’ inside it! If perhaps you think it’s the track that’s faulty use the same procedure as above , you’ll be up and running in no time!

The game is broken down into a number of challenges. These vary from Time Attacks , to simple endurance races! Can you last 1 lap without hurtling off track into a pile of toys?

CHAMPIONSHIP BOWLS
Fans of the sport will love this realistic , engrossing simulation! Take control of one of 300 professional bowlers and see if you have what it takes to become a Bowling Master! There are 30 venues with varied terrain , including the beaches of Skeggy and Rotherham’s Town Park!

Championship Bowls offers many unique gaming modes , including Championship , Practice , Free-Bowl and the unique ‘Security Guard Mode’ , this lets you patrol the Bowling Greens at night! Watch out for Dogs and Teenagers who may attempt to wreck the Greens in a unique twist on the ‘Metal Gear Solid’ series!

And Finally…

SPECTATOR : AVOIDER OF HAZARDS
In this unique twist on the sports game , you are taken OUT of the drivers seat , and see the event through the eyes of the spectator! You can watch numerous events , including Rallying and Skateboarding. The aim of the game is simple , attend your desired event and see if you can leave unharmed!

In Rallying you will spend most of your time dodging incoming cars , and seeing if you can avoid your brand new pair of Levis getting harmed from a rally cars dust trails! Skateboarding is a similar game , only this time you must dodge skateboards that fly through the air after a fall. You have plenty of moves at your disposal , from a simple sidestep , to the ‘cover your face to avoid being hospitalized’ manoeuvere. At the end of an event you will be graded on your performance.

So there is a list of what I think are some good ideas. Thanks for reading , and feel free to add some of your own!

* These ideas are utter nonsense , and should be avoided by developers at all costs!
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Same as above^"
I like the first one, but racing would be a bit easy, you would need to have things miving across the track so you need to stop, and jumps! i spent 2 hours making a working jump in my circuit, in the end my car broke from over endureance, if it was on computer it would work!
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:09
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Yay! A reply!

I agree , moving stuff across the track would be good , but jumps would be even better!
Thu 13/09/01 at 10:00
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Remember though , these ideas are just a bit of fun. Theres nothing serious about them! :)
Fri 14/09/01 at 21:38
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
COOL! I've only just got Resi through the post , and now i've found out that i've won GAD! What a great start to the weekend!

Thanks Gameaday! :)
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:53
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
you could watch replays of all your near misses in the spectator game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.