GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"D&D 3rd Edition Rules"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'IceWind Dale 2'.
Wed 15/10/03 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
Currently playing through Icewind Dale II, which is the first D&D 3rd ed game I've had a chance to play through. I thought the 3rd edition was supposed to simplify the previous ruleset? The feats etc now make it far more complicated to create an ideal character, and the whole multi-classing thing now makes it almost pointless to use any race for multi-classing other than human.

Anyone else have any issues in this regard?
Thu 16/10/03 at 09:42
See, that's why I didn't pay any attention.
Thu 16/10/03 at 09:37
Regular
"uncopyable"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> And doesn't Baldur's Gate II use the 2nd edition rules?

Yup, it certainly does.
Thu 16/10/03 at 07:56
"Darkness, always"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> D&D? Dungeons & Dragons?
>
> I thought all of the Dungeons & Dragons nerds were dead?

How is it nerdy? Because it's not some mindless pick up and play hack n slash? If I were meeting up with a bunch of people dressed as medieval wizards and Knight's Templar, hurling wooden weaponry at eachother and quoting dice rolls then running away to feverishly record the battle statistics for our clan leaders all the while having to put up with pouring rain, muddy terrain and 'youth's hurling rocks at us, then yes, it'd be somewhat nerdy. But it's playing a PC game, and to get the best level of enjoyment out of a game, you need to understand the ruleset.

And doesn't Baldur's Gate II use the 2nd edition rules?
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:44
When playing Baldur's Gate 2, I did try to figure out what all this 3rh edition crap was. In the end, I just went by intuition - the Flaming sword of Marogath or whatever is bound to be much better than a Ogre's axe in terms of speed. Zzzz... I'm boring myself talking about it...
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:41
Regular
"That's right!"
D&D? Dungeons & Dragons?

I thought all of the Dungeons & Dragons nerds were dead?
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Sounds a bit complicatd, seeing that I don't have the game.

Are there any patches/downloads available?
Wed 15/10/03 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
Currently playing through Icewind Dale II, which is the first D&D 3rd ed game I've had a chance to play through. I thought the 3rd edition was supposed to simplify the previous ruleset? The feats etc now make it far more complicated to create an ideal character, and the whole multi-classing thing now makes it almost pointless to use any race for multi-classing other than human.

Anyone else have any issues in this regard?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.