GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Panasonic Q"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/10/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Garlic bread?"
Hiya,

Any of you lot own a Panasonic Q? If so how much did you pay for the thing. Im thinking of buying one. The best price ive found so far is £420 including p+p. Its a modified one that plays all region DVDs and both Jap and US games.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Oli
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Oh... READ THE THREAD PROPERLY.

Now I get you - the regular PS2 in the new colour rather than the PSX thing.

Oops!
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
And it's more expensive - Jap Yen prices converted to well over £400, by the time we get UK tax of both the official and unofficial kind added to that the £300 Q looks a much better option.

Well... it doesn't have the hard drive for TV recording...
Thu 16/10/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
(except play Cube games)
Thu 16/10/03 at 14:10
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Of course there's always the new silver PS2 (if you insist on a silvery box), with a mod chip and DVD region X which would do the same job for much less :-)
Thu 16/10/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Garlic bread?"
The way i see it, im getting an any region DVD player, a CD player, and a Jap, US and Pal games machine (using the Freeloader for Pal)

Theres no way you could get all those three in such a pretty small silvery box for any less!

Plus theres the fact you know you are the only one for miles around to have one :)
Thu 16/10/03 at 11:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im thinking of getting one, importing is great and playing dvd's would have its uses.
Thu 16/10/03 at 01:43
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Man, the Near East were really annoyed about that too.
Wed 15/10/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It never got a USA release did it ? think it was Far East only ?
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They do look soooooo cool.

Why no release over here? You'd think it might be just to increase possible sales......
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hm, I wanted one, but way too much. You could buy about 4 Cube's for the price of a Q. But hope you enjoy yours!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.