GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Halo won't work"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Wed 15/10/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Someone please help me, I just bought Halo for PC and it won't work. The beginning is fine show who made the game and all that, but then the screen just starts flickering. I can hear the sound and things are happening (the game is working) but I can't see anything. Anyone know what to do?
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:20
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
It's not actually that demanding. I'm running it on a Geforce2 with a Athlon Xp 1.6Ghz processor and the graphics are great.
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:19
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GeForce and also the latest version of DirectX. Hope that helps. Might.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:46
Regular
Damn Halo for being so demanding...

*shakes fist*
Sun 26/10/03 at 14:53
Bung a GeForce3 in, they work perfectly on full settings.
Sun 26/10/03 at 08:43
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I did tell you my graphics card, just scroll down a bit.
Sat 25/10/03 at 11:43
Regular
but you havent yet told us what your graphics card is (if you even have one in).

tell us, and if it's obvious...
Sat 25/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Not true. Nobody has solved my problem, and I've been on many chat forums to get help. I even sent an E-Mail to Microsoft, but never got a reply. What a shock.
Sat 25/10/03 at 10:47
Regular
same thing as always. if you can tell us:

what's your:

CPU.
Monitor and size, and resolution currently chosen for halo.
Graphics card <- primary problem in most cases
Windows version, e.g W98, XP etc.
RAM.

tell us each of those if you can, and im sure SOMEONE will spot the problem.
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:21
Regular
"me"
i also got halo and mine wont even run i retry it and it says halo is alredy running on this machine but it aint as im here, it opens a small box saying halo- fatal error halo is already running if that helps, i have all the updates graphics wise direct x and stuff but no game pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help
Thu 16/10/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Of what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.