GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM....Official eXpensive Magazine"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 19:31
Regular
10 sodding british pounds!...yes £10! for a spin off with like 40 "dee-mos" i am pretty stunned... i mean £6 is bloody loads for 4-6 "dee-mos" and a mag' but that's a rip off, anyway, just thought I'd rant :-)
Wed 22/10/03 at 23:41
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> you don't walk up to the counter
> in WHSmiths thinking it's 99p and then get told it's £10 and
> they'll kill you if you don't pay.

that happened to me actually, and I was forced to open a can of whoopass on those poor, poor people :D
Wed 22/10/03 at 23:40
Regular
ten quid, frikkin ridiculous, they fob you off with a cheap CD full of crap demos.

I make a point of avoiding magazines with CD's on, unless it's something really great.
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
G-Virus wrote:
> I agree. The magsine is not even good!! Half the time the
> "Dee-mos" are rubbish anyway! A peice of paper and a disk
> is worth no £10. The reviews are samey, and the staff
> writers..ugh...AGhh. I have only bought 5 issues of the mag ever, as
> i think its a rip off and their reviews are in poor taste.

Good job the magazine is only £6 then, eh ?
Tue 21/10/03 at 19:45
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
I agree. The magsine is not even good!! Half the time the "Dee-mos" are rubbish anyway! A peice of paper and a disk is worth no £10. The reviews are samey, and the staff writers..ugh...AGhh. I have only bought 5 issues of the mag ever, as i think its a rip off and their reviews are in poor taste.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The Josh wrote:
> by the way. log on msn :P

Speeking of that, I recently feel raped by the way MS have forced me to download for 45 minutes a new update for MSN Mesenger, then, only after I downloaded it does it mention that you need Windows 98 or newer to run the F'ing thing. So that now leaves me, a windows 95 user completely F'ed.

No MSN for me.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
Its a skam because its quite possibly the worst magazine I have ever read and its written by what appears a set of no handed monkeys.

Rip

Off
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:50
Regular
How is it a scam ? It's not hidden, you don't walk up to the counter in WHSmiths thinking it's 99p and then get told it's £10 and they'll kill you if you don't pay.

Welcome to Capitalism gentlemen.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its just a big scam to skank people out of money.

So then they cant afford xbox games....clever....

by the way. log on msn :P

I want to annoy you some more ;-)
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:39
Regular
No magazine is worth £10 he is right. OPS2 offers some pretty decent playable demos each month and thats cheaper than OXM. Its just a big scam to skank people out of money.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
Does anyone force you to buy it ? Nope, you look at it, make your own judgement as to it's value and either buy it/don't buy it. It's not like any other magazine has playable demo games either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.