GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"****Untasteful/Offensive Topic**** Next Hollywood Blockbuster?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 11:24
Regular
Like probably most people in the civilized western world I was absolutely shocked at yesterdays events in the USA and I can emphasize with the victims and their family's.
However I am a person who can draw not humour but light relief out of any situation.

I was told the news yesterday by my girlfriend and my first reaction was "wow" "disbelief" and my first comments were That's what happens in the movies,like in Die Hard.

Later on the news there were several more comments echoing in my own and several reporters were lining this tragedy to Pearl Harbour. Well, as we all Know Pearl Harbour was a tragic event and unfortunately an even more tragic film, In movie terms you could even say Pear Harbour "Bombed".

If you have regained your composure after my excellent Pearl Harbour Pun (if I do say so myself), Then just imagine for a minute anther "re-enactment" movie, loosely based on the real tragic events.

"September 11TH -The Day America Crumbled"

A sample title although those overpaid Hollywood guys would obviously come up with a more "dramatic" title. What we could hope for I suppose is that we do not have to wait 50 years for the movie to be released but given the magnitude of the tragedy, Hollywood have a few years too make the movie as in the following few years I doubt anybody who doesn't live in the middle east would pay to watch such a movie.

I suppose the guys at Sun Microsystems (or whoever provides the Computers for special effects today) will be having a small dollar sign flashing in their eyes as they realise how much computing power it would take to "reproduce" (in need of a better word) the tragic events.

As for the plot and the actors required (and this offensive) I suppose that it wouldn't be in Hollywood style to let hijackers armed with penknife's overtake a plane, No defiantly not. In the film the hijackers will be armed with sub machine guns of cause one of the hijackers will be a beautiful women who seems even more attractive in her evil dominant role.

Now moving on to the good guys, On each plane there will be a Doctor, a sic child and of cause somebody who is afraid of flying. The captain(s) will obviously die first and so be played by minor roles and probably as in previous movies, their will be a brief fling between one of the pilots and a younger air-hostess.

The final roles (excluding the extras which of cause this film would require more extras Gladiator) would be the Drunken or divorced FBI agents, officials and various other US government employees who by sheer coincident would have a wife or daughter on the doomed aircraft or in one of the twin towers.

I Hope that if you have read this post you have done so to read my post, my opinion and not just read in order to "slander" me on it's content being Inappropriate, even sic. I openly admit that a lot of people will not like this post but like a lot of posts in this forum it is talking about films and more importantly I did warn people in the subject line, that some people may find this post offensive.
Please if you feel you have to comment, comment positively or even add your own ideas/opinions on what will eventually be a Hollywood blockbuster movie.

Finally once again all that I can say is that I was and still am deeply shocked with yesterdays events but as I have not experienced any similar events nor have anybody I know been "affected" by the event, then all I can personally do is emphasize and express my sorrow to the individuals and their families involved in the tragic event.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:31
The appauling events in America have already become a landmark in Global history - people are saying how it's the worst act of terrorism ever seen, and more than that, an act of war. Like all major historical events, there is the potential for making a film, although I really think it would be distasteful if it appeared in the next 5 years. On top of that, we still don't know if there is more drama to come, especially in the reaction of America, and so these events could lead on to further atrocious happenings.

Any film about the tragedy would be able to use actual footage of the disaster; however, this could also be strued as distasteful in places.
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:38
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> do you honestly think they will make a film out of what happened?.oh
> please

Of course they'll make a film, Not only Sun Computers, but Industrial Light and Magic, will probably start planning soon. It may be unthinkable now, but who would have though of a Pearl Harbour film 55 years ago? Give it 10 years. Maybe 5.
Wed 12/09/01 at 17:28
"High polygon count"
Of course they will. They always do.

Personally, if enough time has been allowed to pass, and as long as the film is *accurate* (i.e. none of this U-571/Pearl Harbour BS) and respectful, I don't think there'll be a problem with it.
Wed 12/09/01 at 17:23
Regular
do you honestly think they will make a film out of what happened?.oh please
Wed 12/09/01 at 15:50
yes i'm sure tony is pleased
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
That is very true. It was really nice to see the forums united in such a way.

You're all a really cool group, of which Iam proud to be involved.

Ta, all.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:13
Regular
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Thanks for making me smile YH. :-)

Well, I am a self confessed comedy genius, what else can I do?

:-)

Seriously, it's going to be difficult to get back to normal after this. But I'm pleasantly surprised how we all pulled together last night.

MAde me proud to be part of these forums.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:03
Regular
"not dead"
Thanks for making me smile YH. :-)
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:00
Regular
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Yep, in three years time we can watch the movie, and pretend that it
> never really happened at all. Or at least have our view of it skewed
> completely.

Maybe a British film company should make it.

Then we can go and save everyone and change history, then see how the Americans like it, eh?
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:56
Regular
"not dead"
Yep, in three years time we can watch the movie, and pretend that it never really happened at all. Or at least have our view of it skewed completely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.