GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anything to convert Ps2 controller to gamecube one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/10/03 at 08:59
"cheerios"
Is there something that can put a gamecube controller into a ps2? Just wondering cos i want to get Pro Evo 3.
Sun 19/10/03 at 21:58
Regular
Eh? Would that be in the same way that it's only possible to use the analogue stick in 8 directions in any other game?

I've not used the pad in WE6, but I have used it ever, and I find your argument very... odd. :^S
Sun 19/10/03 at 20:06
Regular
"  "
Hmmmmmmmmmm, you never perhaps thought that the fact the analogue stick hole on the GC controller is not round, means that utilising the 20-odd points of direction would be very hard? Plus the GC controller proved really poor on WE6FE.
Sun 19/10/03 at 19:47
Regular
Well, where there used to be a cube pad plug there is now a socket, but I'm still short a ps2 plug, so that's all for now.

Hopefully I'll sort something out, and the whole thing will work.
But I'm not all that optomistic.
I'm not sure you can just reverse the direction through a chip and circuit board... :^S
Sun 19/10/03 at 18:03
Regular
Okay everyone, send me reddies. If I can claim ps2 extension cables I can give it a go.

Might have to buy a wire cutter / stripper too...

:^\
Sun 19/10/03 at 17:43
Regular
Hmm....

I wonder if it would be possible to take a few bits of hardware from old broken consoles, get one of those 'ps2 pad for cube' convertors, rewire the whole thing, and make the necessary convertor.

I bet it could be done... I wonder if an old ps1 pad's plug-bit would work (to plug into the ps2), or if I'd need one from a ps2 pad. I don't think they'd have changed anything...

I could take the cube socket from an extension cable. (I've never used my 2 free gift ones anyway...)

I actually have an old joybox thing, from when I was trying to use a ps2 dance mat on the cube.

Hmm. Anyone have an old (broken?) ps1 controller they don't want?
Sun 19/10/03 at 09:59
"cheerios"
Thank you, ill just have to play it on the ps2 i guess.
Sat 18/10/03 at 18:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
if anyone sells it, it will be on www.play-asia.com, don't remember seeing it though, adaptors to use PS2 pad on a Cube are a common as muck though.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:20
Regular
Saying that, I totally forgot about the extra L and R clicks.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
3 less buttons I believe.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:17
Regular
It only has ONE less button, so you'd only have to sacrifice ONE move (or just assign it to the d-pad, IF you can do that).

Worth taking out one button if it means you can play without having to stretch your thumb across the pad for analogue control.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.