GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Chronicle - 66 hours in - *Spoiler Alert*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Chronicle'.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
After 66 hours I finally managed to unlock those last 3 help topics on the help menu by reaching chapter 5 and getting Finny Frenzy as an option.

I now have Monica's bikini, which really does put a whole new slant on things. Big tip here, get the bikini before you get Ixion as there's a great cut scene coming up where the train shakes uncontrollably the first time it's used.

Best weapon so far is the Digi-Hammer (Cube Hammer after one transformation), although I just acquired an Uzi type weapon but haven't levelled it yet.

I've completely unlocked the first 5 dungeons and am now working on the Palace in chapter 7 and building up my collection of Sphera clubs. In terms of the storyline I think I'm about 2/3rds of the way through so they weren't joking about 100 hours of gameplay.

And you know what? I'm going to do it all over again. Being a completist means I have to go back and get the scoop I've missed (Docter Jam jamming during his boss battle). Other things I've yet to do include levelling up Monica's weapons (I've only concentrated on Max as I've got his dad in my party who gives bonuses on Max's weapons when they level up, not Monica's), completing Monica's Monster Transformations (I've only got a Rat and a Skeleton at level 4 each! They go up to level 100), winning that damn Finny Frenzy and Fishing Competition (best so far is 2nd place in the Fishing Competition due to a 103cm whopper from Palm Brinks lake), and completing my collection of NPCs for the train.

In total I'm looking at in excess of 500 hours of gameplay going on past experience. Best game in my collection? I think so. Final Fantasy X is now gathering dust, and Gran Turismo 3, which is hovering on 93% completion, isn't getting a look in.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
After 66 hours I finally managed to unlock those last 3 help topics on the help menu by reaching chapter 5 and getting Finny Frenzy as an option.

I now have Monica's bikini, which really does put a whole new slant on things. Big tip here, get the bikini before you get Ixion as there's a great cut scene coming up where the train shakes uncontrollably the first time it's used.

Best weapon so far is the Digi-Hammer (Cube Hammer after one transformation), although I just acquired an Uzi type weapon but haven't levelled it yet.

I've completely unlocked the first 5 dungeons and am now working on the Palace in chapter 7 and building up my collection of Sphera clubs. In terms of the storyline I think I'm about 2/3rds of the way through so they weren't joking about 100 hours of gameplay.

And you know what? I'm going to do it all over again. Being a completist means I have to go back and get the scoop I've missed (Docter Jam jamming during his boss battle). Other things I've yet to do include levelling up Monica's weapons (I've only concentrated on Max as I've got his dad in my party who gives bonuses on Max's weapons when they level up, not Monica's), completing Monica's Monster Transformations (I've only got a Rat and a Skeleton at level 4 each! They go up to level 100), winning that damn Finny Frenzy and Fishing Competition (best so far is 2nd place in the Fishing Competition due to a 103cm whopper from Palm Brinks lake), and completing my collection of NPCs for the train.

In total I'm looking at in excess of 500 hours of gameplay going on past experience. Best game in my collection? I think so. Final Fantasy X is now gathering dust, and Gran Turismo 3, which is hovering on 93% completion, isn't getting a look in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.