GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrestling Video Review - ECW Path Of destruction"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 17:33
Regular
I originaly posted this in the WWF forum, and someone told me I should post it in here as a review. So I did.

ECW Path Of Destruction
------

This is kinda a 'best of' video, so the matches arnt in any particuler order or anything.

Match One - ECW TV Title match - Chris Jericho VS 2 Cold Scorpio VS Pitbull #2 VS Shane Douglas

Four way elimination, ECW style. A brilliant match, with some nice spots such as 2 Cold Scorpio (Basicly Booker T) dropkicking Jericho halfway though a Lionsault. The match goes on for about 40 minutes, which makes a change after WWF 20 minute main events. The match has tables, chairs, chains, a heel turn, and a women in her underwear. Probably the best 4 way I've ever seen.

Match Two - ECW TV Title match - Rob Van Dam VS Ban Ban Bigelow (Male Giggalo).

Bam Bam is some big fat guy. I'm sure everyone knows who RVD is by now. RVD has two massive spots in this one, jumping a very, very long way. Sabu puts in an apperance, as do tables and chairs. Bam Bam is good for a big guy.

2/3 Falls Match - Eddie Guerrero VS Dean Malenko

This is these guys very last ECW match. Superb techniqual wrestling, didnt know Eddie was capable of it. A few too many rest breaks. The commentery on this one was really good - sold the Texas Cloverleaf really well. After the match Malenko actually gets on the mike! Emotional speech there, saying that Malenko is an ECW fan and stuff. Good sendoff for the two.

Psicosis VS Rey Mysterio Jr.

AHHH! They both have masks on! I hate masks, they remind me of Kane. Ah well. Thats the luchador style I guess. Aside from this, sweet match, lots of high flying, and lots of strange moves.

Stairway To Hell - Sabu VS Sandman

Sabu has massive scars all over his body. I expect he got more from this one. Stairway to Hell, I have discovered, involves a ladder in the centre of the ring that leads to a coil of barbed wire hanging above the ring. This is almost as good as TLC 1, but has a lot of blood. Some of the spots made me cringe - Baseball slide in the corner, with Barbed Wire and Two chairs. You could see the blood making a pool. Sabu breaks his Jaw in this match, but still finishes. Gotta give him respect for that.

A real brutal match. I can see why these two have such a good reputation.

TaiPai death match - Axel Rotton VS Ian Rotton

The poorest match on the tape. Brutal, loads of blood, but i I wanted to watch people hit each other with broken glass I would have gone and stood outside my local pub. Still, better than the rubbush WWF throws at me.

Jerry Lynn (Otherwise know as God) VS Super Crazy (Otherwise know as Spanish God) VS Tajiri (Otherwise know as Japanese God)

3 way elimination. This is only matched by TLC 1 and Jericho VS HHH. The best lightheavyweight action I have ever seen, and possibly will ever see. Insane 20 foot moonsault by Super Crazy. Tajiri hits a wicked Turantula.

I'm not gonna say any more, coz I'd spoil it for you. You have to see it.

Overall, as my first ECW tape, I am impressed. Only one dud match, as opposed to the 4 or 5 duds the WWF serves up every PPV.

Overall rating: *****

-------------

I got these from www.strongstyletapes.com. £8 this one cost me. If you do order from there, make sure you say that 'Ross McIntosh' recommended it to you. That way I get £5 off my next order. Thankyou people, and goodnight.
Tue 11/09/01 at 17:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I originaly posted this in the WWF forum, and someone told me I should post it in here as a review. So I did.

ECW Path Of Destruction
------

This is kinda a 'best of' video, so the matches arnt in any particuler order or anything.

Match One - ECW TV Title match - Chris Jericho VS 2 Cold Scorpio VS Pitbull #2 VS Shane Douglas

Four way elimination, ECW style. A brilliant match, with some nice spots such as 2 Cold Scorpio (Basicly Booker T) dropkicking Jericho halfway though a Lionsault. The match goes on for about 40 minutes, which makes a change after WWF 20 minute main events. The match has tables, chairs, chains, a heel turn, and a women in her underwear. Probably the best 4 way I've ever seen.

Match Two - ECW TV Title match - Rob Van Dam VS Ban Ban Bigelow (Male Giggalo).

Bam Bam is some big fat guy. I'm sure everyone knows who RVD is by now. RVD has two massive spots in this one, jumping a very, very long way. Sabu puts in an apperance, as do tables and chairs. Bam Bam is good for a big guy.

2/3 Falls Match - Eddie Guerrero VS Dean Malenko

This is these guys very last ECW match. Superb techniqual wrestling, didnt know Eddie was capable of it. A few too many rest breaks. The commentery on this one was really good - sold the Texas Cloverleaf really well. After the match Malenko actually gets on the mike! Emotional speech there, saying that Malenko is an ECW fan and stuff. Good sendoff for the two.

Psicosis VS Rey Mysterio Jr.

AHHH! They both have masks on! I hate masks, they remind me of Kane. Ah well. Thats the luchador style I guess. Aside from this, sweet match, lots of high flying, and lots of strange moves.

Stairway To Hell - Sabu VS Sandman

Sabu has massive scars all over his body. I expect he got more from this one. Stairway to Hell, I have discovered, involves a ladder in the centre of the ring that leads to a coil of barbed wire hanging above the ring. This is almost as good as TLC 1, but has a lot of blood. Some of the spots made me cringe - Baseball slide in the corner, with Barbed Wire and Two chairs. You could see the blood making a pool. Sabu breaks his Jaw in this match, but still finishes. Gotta give him respect for that.

A real brutal match. I can see why these two have such a good reputation.

TaiPai death match - Axel Rotton VS Ian Rotton

The poorest match on the tape. Brutal, loads of blood, but i I wanted to watch people hit each other with broken glass I would have gone and stood outside my local pub. Still, better than the rubbush WWF throws at me.

Jerry Lynn (Otherwise know as God) VS Super Crazy (Otherwise know as Spanish God) VS Tajiri (Otherwise know as Japanese God)

3 way elimination. This is only matched by TLC 1 and Jericho VS HHH. The best lightheavyweight action I have ever seen, and possibly will ever see. Insane 20 foot moonsault by Super Crazy. Tajiri hits a wicked Turantula.

I'm not gonna say any more, coz I'd spoil it for you. You have to see it.

Overall, as my first ECW tape, I am impressed. Only one dud match, as opposed to the 4 or 5 duds the WWF serves up every PPV.

Overall rating: *****

-------------

I got these from www.strongstyletapes.com. £8 this one cost me. If you do order from there, make sure you say that 'Ross McIntosh' recommended it to you. That way I get £5 off my next order. Thankyou people, and goodnight.
Tue 11/09/01 at 17:35
Regular
hmm why bother with ecw when they have wwf?...shouldnt this be in the wwf fourm?
Tue 11/09/01 at 17:53
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> hmm why bother with ecw when they have wwf?...shouldnt this be in
> the wwf fourm?

it already is!
Wed 12/09/01 at 14:37
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Wrestling is such an inane, sad "sport" (ha ha.) It saddens me to see someone so vividly immersed in a world of violent fiction. This forum is usually stocked with intelligent discussion. I don't think this post deserves to reside in the same halls as the Wings Hauser Appreciation Society. Please join the keep wrestling out campaign.
Wed 12/09/01 at 23:20
I join it, can't stand the sport (if thats what you call it) compete load of crap.
Sat 15/09/01 at 21:44
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Right then, I guess i'll answer each post individually.

Mistique
hmm why bother with ecw when they have wwf?...shouldnt this be in the wwf fourm?

Thats like saying 'why bother with Gamecube when they have Playstation? Why bother with The Thin Red Line when you have Private Ryan? Why bother with Burger King when you have McDonalds?

ECW was a rival company to the WWF, and in my opinion, it was better. It was bloodier, focused more on wrestling than storylines, and had some great athletes in. However, as usual, the simplest, dumbed down version of wrestling (WWF) was more populer, and ECW were forced out of buisiness.

misterhappy
Wrestling is such an inane, sad "sport" (ha ha.) It saddens me to see someone so vividly immersed in a world of violent fiction. This forum is usually stocked with intelligent discussion. I don't think this post deserves to reside in the same halls as the Wings Hauser Appreciation Society. Please join the keep wrestling out campaign.

There is not a single wrestling assosiation that, to my knowledge, calls itself a sport. They call themselves 'Sports Entertainment'. Yes, they may try to pass themselves off as 'real' on TV, but how many times have you seen Tom Hanks (or whoever) break off in the middle of an action scene, turn to the camera, and say 'Remember everyone, this isn't real'? The only real difference between WWF and other TV programs is that WWF doesnt have credits at the end.

When not on TV, wrestlers often give interviews out of character. And this post wasnt even really intended to be discussed - I thought that hey, maybe a wrestling orientated post might have a chance of winning FAD. But do I get the prize? No. Instead I am lucky enough to find the typical response most uninformed people give wrestling, with the usual speil about it not being real.

Skaterdude182
I join it, can't stand the sport (if thats what you call it) compete load of crap.

The thought of a 'keep out wrestling' campaign in this forum is laughable. If I wanted to talk about wrestling, I doubt I'd go to a DVD, Music, And Films forum.
Sat 15/09/01 at 22:16
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
ooooh! I wouldn't think someone so articulate would want to watch something so fundamentally idiotic as wrestling. Yes WWF may be contrived, yes ECW may be hardcore, but at the end of the day this is not what I object to. I couldn't care if it was real or not. The fact is that wrestling remains a form of entertainment that aims for the lowest values of human society. It aims for the 'car-crash mentality' who enjoy watching pain and suffering being inflicted on television. Like watching the gladiators of Roman times. A common mistake made by your average wrestling fan is to think that anyone else gives a damn about reality. I object to wrestling, I object to boxing and I object to all sports where the sole purpose is to inflict as much pain on another as possible. You talk of chairs and ladders being used as weapons, you talk of blood being a good thing in any fight. At least boxing has some respectability through having a fixed set of rules. The reason ECW or WWF or WCW or whatever is so stupid is because it is all about pain. By buying the video you are endorsing this lowest form of "sport". Whether it is real or not.

If you want to win Filmaday go and review a film or contribute a sensible post to the discussion board. I don't want to read about how brilliant the sight of spilt blood is. And why why why would I have a problem about films not being real???!!! Tom Hanks may not turn to the camera and say "this isn't real" but he doesn't pretend it's real either! He is an actor. We all accept that he is playing a role. Wrestling does not make that distinction. Those "athletes" as you might call them want you to think they are having a proper fight.

Wrestling is only entertainment if you lead a very very sad life.
Sun 16/09/01 at 23:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Why in the world did you click this thread if you dont even like wrestling?

huh, huh!

Anyways good review Mouldy I only saw ECW on Sky a few times and never really watched it and am now looking for a video that has one of there best events on it. Iv'e always heard this to be a good one, I want to see the Stairway to Hell match.

Didn't know you like ECW as much as that over the WWF.
Hmmmm give me a rating out of 100 Cheese it sounds good but I really could do with a score.

Thanks.
Mon 17/09/01 at 20:19
Regular
"One More Chance"
I say you should either buy Heatwave 2000 or the video just revieved.
Wed 19/09/01 at 18:53
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I would definatly recommend this video, especially for a first time ECW watcher. The storylines behind the matches are not important (really), and so you wont lose out on anything as you would for a PPV.

Go to strongstylestapes.com to order it, and when you do make sure you tell them 'Ross McIntosh' recommended you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.