GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Fast and the Furious"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 13:52
Regular
Anyone know anything about this film?

I've seen a couple trailers and I'm not sure what to make of it. It looks like it *could* be good, but it could actually be a big pile of poo.

Anyone else know any info?

Thanks.
Tue 11/09/01 at 13:52
Regular
Anyone know anything about this film?

I've seen a couple trailers and I'm not sure what to make of it. It looks like it *could* be good, but it could actually be a big pile of poo.

Anyone else know any info?

Thanks.
Tue 11/09/01 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, I was going to be polite about this movie, but I cant hold it in anymore.

The Fast and The Furious is for those people that watched Gone in 60 Seconds, but got confused by the plot and everyone walking about talking all the time.

I wouldn't even let Shantak, the world's most intelligent ape go watch this movie in case he became enraged.

It sucks.
It is the worst possibly example of Hollywood filming anything and then holding out their hands for you to give them your money.

Avoid this thing like a week-dead dog in your pool.
Please, I was right about Tomb Raider and Pearl Harbour.
Trust me, just this once.
You don't need to see this awful, awful thing.
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I reviewed it for a freelance thing, and I demand my bus-fare back from Hollywood for this monstrosity.

It is fly-blown, moronic, childish pap that disgraces even Stallone in "Driven".
It is the stupidest, most illogical, brain-dead waste of money and time that you will see this year.
The money they used for this movie could have made 42 Reservoir Dogs.
Think about that.

But what am I saying, this'll shoot to number one and people will say "It was rubbish, it wasn't as good as Gone in 60"
If you compare a movie to "Gone in 60", then you must realise how badly your perception has been warped by this huge, floating stinkloaf of a movie.

I didn't enjoy this one.
Does that come across?
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:03
Regular
"not dead"
Havin only seen the trailers it seems to be a movie that lets you watch cars go FAST, and RACE and stuff. There's plenty of ACTION.

Cannonball Run did that, AND was funny, and it had Dom Deluoise and Burt Reynolds in it.

So if vehicles must race, let it be in a Wacky Races style movie, rather that a big dumb movie about men putting their feet on the accelerator, that probably has a soundtrack featuring Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach and Linkin Park.
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:07
"High polygon count"
No offence intended, but I think Goaty over-analyses his films.

I reckon it'll be good - while I do like a good story etc., there are also times when I like to sit down to a film, switch off my brain and be entertained on the more basic levels. I have to analyse and pull apart enough things at work; I can't always be bothered doing it with my entertainment as well.

I'm not always concerned about plots, framing, subtle imagery etc., and I don't always care about what the director is trying to tell me.

For me, a film is about a set, some people reading their lines (preferably in a believable fashion) and some dude telling the cameraman where to point his kit.

Give me ecent acting, half decent plot, big guns, explosions and good special effects and I'm happy. :-)
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But it isn't even that Wookiee.

It's an eMpTyV commercial for those with basic motor function impairment.
But, I've done what I can, go give them your money and sit back for 90 mins.

Go stand outside any drive-thru fast-food place and watch chimps race their novas around, its more fun than this.
There is little action, the stunt-work is laughable, actors should be appluaded for not walking into the props whilst talking (only just)

But that's just my opinion.
Go, watch and enjoy.
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:19
"High polygon count"
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) I don't think I'll get the time.

I've missed a few films I really wanted to see recently, including Final Fantasy and The Mummy Returns.

I think they can be obtained from the net somewhere, so I might download them and have a watch. If they're worthwhile I'll get them on DVD when they're released.
Tue 11/09/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well, you could go rent Worlds Dumbest Car Chases, and play it on 1/3rd speed, send me £5 and eat junk food.

That's Fast & The Furious for you tonight if you fancy it.
Tue 11/09/01 at 17:26
Regular
Goaty, how come you've watched it?

It's not out 'til this Friday.
Tue 11/09/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
It is possible to get the film on vcd for about £3 from some websites from people in the UK selling them. It has been available since it was released in the US. Also American Pie 2 is also doing the rounds as it would hit the big screen here until October.
The films can be played on any computer as long as you have Windows Media Player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.