GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Do You Use to Code?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/06 at 19:28
Regular
Do you hand code or do you use software like dreamweaver, frontpage etc? If So which ones and why.

I personally use Dreamweaver and then go over the code myself and make sure it is valid and clean etc.
Wed 05/07/06 at 23:26
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Started out using Frontpage, evolved to Dreamweaver and eventually on to hand coding. Now use Crimson Editor for coding PHP/CSS/HTML/etc. which is useful as it has syntax highlighting, etc.

Haven't seen anything to make me go "wow" and want to switch...
Wed 05/07/06 at 18:00
Regular
"nooblet"
I use dreamweaver for making the layout, but i make all of my design in psp8.
For quick editing, i use notepad :P
Sun 02/07/06 at 10:21
Regular
True, I would still like to learn how to code in some formats, but I always find myself getting sidetracked, like wondering about learning C++ because when you search for sites to learn web coding off it also usually comes up with programming languages, like c++ lol.
Sat 01/07/06 at 10:41
Regular
"incognito"
Pretty much all of the Freeola site is hand-coded so you can achieve a good look by doing this, but if you are just starting out it can be easier to use a visual editor instead.

In the long run it is better to learn HTML as well and not just rely on software as it makes it easier to customise your layouts and understand how to fix things if/when they go wrong.
Sat 01/07/06 at 09:22
Regular
I hand code using gvim, which I use for all my programming.

Jo
Wed 28/06/06 at 20:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Started using Textpad about 7 years ago and still doing so. Basic syntax highlighting, ability to have multiple documents open and I'm happy. :)

Been trying this recently actually. Its no Topstyle, but it seems better for the programming side of things (php/asp/java etc.). Either way its the first IDE I've come across in the long time that tempts me to swtich.
Wed 28/06/06 at 19:28
Regular
Do you hand code or do you use software like dreamweaver, frontpage etc? If So which ones and why.

I personally use Dreamweaver and then go over the code myself and make sure it is valid and clean etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.