GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Re: EliteForce 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/03 at 01:47
Regular
"I Like EliteForce"
Dear everyone,

There have been issues over the avaliability of EliteForce 2 for the PC.

Apparantly, the game has been recalled by the distributers in the UK, due to an unkown techical fault. I know there are others out there like me, who have been unable to get a copy of the much awaited title. I therefore ask if anyone here knows if the game is actually avaliable, and if not, when will it come out.

I have another small question too. I know this is off the topic, but does anyone here like the hit si-fi series Stargate SG-1? I was wondering if they were ever going to make a game for it. I would like to hear what other fans think.

I thank you for taking your time to read this, and I would be gratefull if you could post your responces here.

Yours truly,

Suraj
Fri 24/10/03 at 01:47
Regular
"I Like EliteForce"
Dear everyone,

There have been issues over the avaliability of EliteForce 2 for the PC.

Apparantly, the game has been recalled by the distributers in the UK, due to an unkown techical fault. I know there are others out there like me, who have been unable to get a copy of the much awaited title. I therefore ask if anyone here knows if the game is actually avaliable, and if not, when will it come out.

I have another small question too. I know this is off the topic, but does anyone here like the hit si-fi series Stargate SG-1? I was wondering if they were ever going to make a game for it. I would like to hear what other fans think.

I thank you for taking your time to read this, and I would be gratefull if you could post your responces here.

Yours truly,

Suraj
Fri 24/10/03 at 11:17
Dunno about Elite Force, the demo was just "another good FPS" to me. And about Stargate, I like the series too, though I haven't heard anything regarding it being a game as of yet.
Fri 24/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah I like Stargate SG1 also, it would be a great game too.
Fri 24/10/03 at 11:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Elite Force 2 has been availabe to buy for a fair while now, I haven't heard anything about it being recalled, and I do too like Stargate although I only find certain episodes entertaining while others a bit pants. I did recently hear a rumour about a game based on the series coming out, but I've not seen anything confirmed yet.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:58
Regular
"I Like EliteForce"
I have looked at the SR website, and the game is avaliable, but in stores like Currys and other high street stores, the game is unavaliable. I have spoken to people at these stores, and almost all claim that the game has been recalled by the distributers. Others just say they don't have it. In fact, EliteForce 2 is avaliable for online order from most companies, but Gameplay, a trusted name in mail order games after an email sent to them about the avaliability of EliteForce 2 says:

"We currently do not have a new release date for this item, sorry.

Kind Regards,

Adam Slinger
Gameplay After Sales"

This therefore means that the game was infact SUPPOSED to be recalled by distributers, but some companies still have copies. Have any of you been to websites and found EliteForce 2 to be unavaliable like this, or is it just gameplay and a few high street stores? Do you think it is true that the game was infact recalled?

Do you think this game is worth buying? I've looked at videos for the game, and the multiplayer videos for the game look excellent. Different multiplayer mods make the gameplay look brilliant.

Stargate: Glad to see that there are other SG-1 fans out there! A game made about this would be brilliant. There are "Stargate mods" out there for other games such as UnrealTournament2003 and EliteForce, but they can only go so far as to being a Stargate game. What do you think? Are any of the Stargate mods out there any good? Which are the best?

Thank you for your time, your responces are much appreciated.

Suraj
Fri 24/10/03 at 17:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Suraj wrote:
> Do you think it is true that the game was infact recalled?

Not really. I haven't got the game myself, but a friend has had it for a few weeks now, and I still haven't seen any news about it being recalled. though, I haven't really been looking.

> Do you think this game is worth buying? I've looked at videos for
> the game, and the multiplayer videos for the game look excellent.
> Different multiplayer mods make the gameplay look brilliant.

Not got the game myself, I wasn't that impressed with the demo but I suppose it's fun, just not fun enough for me personally to spend any money on it. Maybe when it's out on budget perhaps.

> Stargate: Glad to see that there are other SG-1 fans out there! A
> game made about this would be brilliant. There are "Stargate
> mods" out there for other games such as UnrealTournament2003 and
> EliteForce, but they can only go so far as to being a Stargate game.
> What do you think? Are any of the Stargate mods out there any good?
> Which are the best?

I haven't really seen much stargate mods around, but I have heard there is one being developed for Battlefield 1942 which would be great. I love Battlefield, and the stargate universe would translate well to the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.