GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars (mmmkay)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 14:10
Regular
If you’ve clicked on this topic you’re either hyped up with nintendo smells, sony rule etc, or your just a ninty reading more of my defensive posts but read on.

Nintendo are Rare, Take away their games and your left with nothing, Nintendo have lacked third party support since the SNES and the Gamecube's no different.
If you’re a fan of Miyamoto's titles then obviously you'll buy the next console but if you don’t follow Zelda or are actually at an age when you can vote what’s left?
Nintendo owners still deny that the N64 is for children even though it’s drowning in Pokemon games, Kiddie Platformers, cartoon graphics and even has a bright yellow pikatu on the front :)

I’ve had a long hard look at the gamecube lineup and the new Mario looks great with some real innovative ideas however every Nintendo console has a Mario game but can you remember the last time he got a sequel on the same console??
Eternal Darkness looks reasonable for my liking but doesn’t come close to near future PS2 titles such as Devil may cry and Silent Hill. Nintendo will no doubt keep releasing their usual updates with nicer graphics and cartoon imagery, oh well if they don’t change now they never will.

The PS2 on the other hand offer a completely different set of games and even with some porting to the Xbox they appear well before on the PlayStation 2. The anti analysing problem seemed to be an issue but it’s no where near as bad as people say, In fact I’ve read so much bull on here that when I played red faction I had to remind myself several times what everyone was bickering about, you only have to look at MGS2 or final fantasy X to realise what the console’s capable of.
I’m not making excuses for everything gone wrong for the PS2 I think the large heap of rubbish games out there is laughable but over the next few months the great titles are finally being released, CVX, alone in the dark 4, devil may cry, Jak and Daxter, Tony Hawk 3, SSX tricky, agent under fire, Final Fantasy, Silent hill, Airblade, Need I go on?

Until it’s released the Gamecube remains anything you want it to be and the PS2 is only at war with itself but even though it’s taken a while to find it’s feet it deserves far more respect for the games to come and it’s growing game library.
The only people I’ve heard complain about the PS2 are Digitiser, ninty’s and dumbbells who go off what they hear. As far as I know PS2 owners are quite happy but let down by the time it’s taken for the good titles to arrive, They're almost here though :)

Ninty's write topic after topic about why Gamecube will win, why nintendo are the best, and you know what? I’ve given up talking sense into brainwashed kiddies, I say let them have their kirby, pokemon and colourful worlds and leave them be :)

Bring it on twisted metal black.

RES
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:49
Regular
I was waiting for exactly that kind of response before giving the URL, just to rub salt into open wounds. :D
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:48
"High polygon count"
And just as I posst that, he does it...

Ho hum!
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:47
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> I have been on several American based websites today, all of which
> claim Nintendo have been let down badly by their 3rd party
> developers over the last month. Expected game announcements from
> Konami and Capcom both fell through and it is now unlikely that they
> will be developing many major titles for the Gamecube.

Bonus...

I hate to be a pain, and I don't want to come across as some kind of 'master of the PS2 forum', but when you claim these things, can you please post URL's so that everyone can validate the claims for themselves?

I'm in no way saying that you're making it up, but it's easy for others to claim that unless you provide a source. After all, you *could* be posting any old rubbish jsut to win an argument.

Cheers mate.
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:45
Regular
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features /video/system_wars/p8_01.html

You may want to take a read of that article, and see how bad last month really was for Nintendo, mainly in America, but if the sma esort of events happen here as did there last month, they will lose more ground to the already popular PS2.
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:39
Regular
So Capcom and Konami haven't released details YET.

Do you think that means they've ditched them?
Somehow... no.

As for Sega, the Sonic Team are so far exclusively behind the Gamecube and Suzuki has only recently took to the Cube so it'll be a while before we hear of Shenmue.

As for Soul Calibre not being an exclusive, we still get the game.

We don't have the scale of the PS2 line up yet, but what do you expect when devellopment kits have only been out a month.
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:31
Regular
See, you have a little problem there, you keep screaming on about how good the third party support is going to be on the Gamecube, but I have been on several American based websites today, all of which claim Nintendo have been let down badly by their 3rd party developers over the last month. Expected game announcements from Konami and Capcom both fell through and it is now unlikely that they will be developing many major titles for the Gamecube. Namco, who had announced Soul Calibre 2 for the Gamecube then announced them for the Xbox a week later, and with very little support from any of the smaller 3rd party developers, it seems Nintendo are being slowly deserted, the same way Sega were with the Dreamcast.

Sega themselves are bringing a few major titles to the Gamecube, but you mustn't forget that they are bringing some of their major franchises to both the Xbox and PS2 also. Sega are also releases the only brand new game they are working on to the PS2, or sequelstation as many call it. Rez is shaping up to be one of the most innovative and breathtakingly designed games of this year and next, so without blowing the Gamecube house down much more, you need to look around a little more at what is actually happening.

Very few people in this forum have heard of the many brilliant original and unoriginal games coming to the PS2, I very much doubt that many Nintendo fans have heard of them also.
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:23
Regular
lol, they don't come much more biased than this.

Well seeing as we're all a bunch of 5 year olds in our forum, perhaps I should pop some of your "mature" posts from a few months back, that should set a great example to us all.

**Watches Resi go redder than the age certificate on his favourite "adult" game**

Seriously though, you ought to read my topic about stereotypes (I even won a game for it!).
All sides are guilty of using them and all should learn otherwise.

And Nintendo have got strong third party support this time.
Apart from the 2 best programmers from Sega and their devellopment teams (teams responsible for Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online) and Capcom (The Devil May Cry, Resident Evil series and Streetfighter games) as well, Squaresoft (Final Fantasy), THQ (WWF and Red Faction), Konami (ISS and Metal Gear Solid games), EA, Lucas Arts etc...

I can understand if you PREFER the PS2, but come on!

This outbreak is just RIDICULOUS!!

:-D
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:43
"period drama"
this is a ps2 forum so why r u talking 'bout other consoles.

if u come in here then u fink that ps2 rules big-stylee

BLAH 2 u. ur a bafoon
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Though I do intend to get a
> Gamecube at some point, my biggest fear about buying it is that I
> may be classed as one of 'them'.

haha yeah, I'll be getting one when Resident evil zero is released even though it's more of a sub game to the series, bit like nemesis but other than that *I'll be keeping it quiet* :)
Mon 10/09/01 at 16:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> *Flibble*

Red Dwarf?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.