GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario advance 4: Super mario 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3'.
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:27
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Has anyone else got this game?
Already too many things have changed! the second enemy of the game, the fire-spitting pirahna plant, has been a normal one that goes up and down!(what, do they think today's gamers are too terrible at playing to get past a fire-breathing one? i cant see anyone having trouble with that!)
when you get a card at the end of the game, it says 'You got a panel'!
a PANEL!!!

and the bar at the bottom has been changed!

they REALLY shouldnt have messed with this game!
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:27
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Has anyone else got this game?
Already too many things have changed! the second enemy of the game, the fire-spitting pirahna plant, has been a normal one that goes up and down!(what, do they think today's gamers are too terrible at playing to get past a fire-breathing one? i cant see anyone having trouble with that!)
when you get a card at the end of the game, it says 'You got a panel'!
a PANEL!!!

and the bar at the bottom has been changed!

they REALLY shouldnt have messed with this game!
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Suggestion: if you want to play a game EXACTLY like the original, play the original.
Mon 27/10/03 at 09:45
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i can, have done, and indeed will play the original....no need to go suggesting at me.

i was just pointing out what had been needlessly changed, i just think its wrong to do that the one of the (if not, THE) best selling and best games of all time.
Mon 27/10/03 at 20:06
Regular
No disrespect to homosexuals intended, but they could have refrained themselves from ruining a classic with that gay "Whoo whoo, itsa me" voice of Mario.

But who am I to criticise, I only play the games - I don't make them....
Mon 27/10/03 at 22:46
"The Will of D."
Can't you think of anyone other than the people who have played the original? I never even got a SNES so I never got to play those classic Mario game, I got this game last friday for something to ease the pain between now and christmas and I do find it challenging, but I have made it to the last world without no whistles (haven't even found one yet so I'm not that good) and I have flamethrowing blasters as well as rockets and yet more fire Pirahnas, it's quite tough for a first timer but I will definetly beat the game eventually coz I managed to get through the rest of the game feeling the same thing "this is too hard".
Mon 27/10/03 at 23:31
Regular
Do they save it after every level now?

It wouldn't surprise me although I did find Mario 3's save system slightly annoying. I've got the original (which I picked up for £8 including the 3 other Nes Mario's) so I don't care what they did to the new one! :-)

And another thing.
By putting it as number 4, they've cocked up the storyline for Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World) because this Air Ship you fight in Mario 3 is the one you find in ruins on Mario World.

Nintendo you mongs! :-P
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:23
Regular
Ah, I remember playing the original version back on my NES. It still remains one of my favourite games of all time. Back then, they didn't have save systems, so I had to leave the console on until I got to the end. Heh, must have been on for weeks at a time.

I expect this remake will convince me to buy a Game Boy Player. Not a ridiculously overpriced GBA SP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.