GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grabbed By The Ghoulies......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 22:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ *** grabbedbytheghoulies/review.html

Sun 26/10/03 at 22:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ *** grabbedbytheghoulies/review.html

Sun 26/10/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
Not too bad a game then. After all, Gamespot is one site where 5.0 does actually mean average and a game score's higher they'll actually say it's above average, unlike some other publications I could mention *cough* NGC *cough* Edge *cough*

6.5 ain't too bad, but it's not what I was expecting. Though everyone does expect too much from Rare nowadays. They may have provided on onslaught of great games, but every games developer is capable of producing a bad game, and Rare is no different.
Mon 27/10/03 at 14:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its still a dissapointing score for a Rare game. I imagine most people would of expected 8.0+, even where 5 is an average.
Mon 27/10/03 at 17:53
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah, well it was Rare's first Xbox game. Wait until they've had a bit more time and practice with it.

Besides, the reader ratings are at 7.5.
Mon 27/10/03 at 19:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmmm.........
Mon 27/10/03 at 23:37
Regular
From what I read, it was just supposed to be a quicky to get used to the Xbox hardware, hence showing off the special effects and the like.

I think that this was made for the Xbox from scratch so it won't have been in devellopment for much more than a year. Kameo, on the other hand, spent a few years as a Gamecube game and looked VERY develloped in the video released a year ago, and that was before Grabbed By The Ghoulies was even ready to announce...

Do you think they'll put a multiplayer mode in it?
Mon 27/10/03 at 23:40
"I love yo... lamp."
In Grabbed By The Ghoulies? Saw an import earlier today in a shop, it was just single player I think.
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:37
Regular
Grabbed by the Ghoulies has been grabbed and reviewed.
I KNOW that THAT'S single player.

I was talking about Kameo! :-)
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seeing as they did so with practicly every other release, I imagine so.

Even when it was bad, like in JFG and DK64.
Tue 28/10/03 at 00:42
Regular
JFG's multiplayer COULD have been great as well, if they'd spent a bit more time on it.

It could still be if they make an Xbox update.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.