GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 Problems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Mon 27/10/03 at 21:39
Regular
Can anyone help please?

This darn game won't start! I installed it fully - 3 times, and the bloody thing won't go past the splash screen - sometimes not even bringing that up.

I'm Running Win XP on a P4 1.7, 256MB RAM (not DDR), using an 80GB Hard drive, GeForce 4 Ti 4600, SB Live Platinum, Pioneer DVD A06 burner (first cd/dvd drive) and Creative 16x DVD drive (secondary one).

Upon checking troubleshooting in the readme, it says to close all apps especially ones that access CD/DVD Drives/burners. I have done this also.

I can tell you that I have had the thing running once - don't know how I did it, but it worked. And worked perfectly. But after closing it, it wouldn't run again.

Any ideas!?

All help will be greatly appreciated - any more info required, just ask.

Thanks!
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:04
Regular
Yeah got those too. Who knows, it might have been the Nvidia drivers that fixed it. But it's working now, and I am loving this game! Not giving anything away, but I thought the Fun House was quite an amusing break from the dark, serious vibe the game gives.
Wed 29/10/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
What about the latest drivers for your Geforce 4? Mine won't run yet because I haven't installed the latest.
Tue 28/10/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bullett wrote:
> No, Patch. It's an official release, which fixes some minor problems.
> Searched for it with google.

Ok.

It is annoying when games are released and you got to get a patch for a game that you have just bought just to play the game. I know there are tons of system specs, types of cards etc, but surely they could release the game so they dont have to release a patch 2 seconds later so people can actually play the game they have just bought.
Tue 28/10/03 at 09:45
Regular
No, Patch. It's an official release, which fixes some minor problems. Searched for it with google.
Tue 28/10/03 at 09:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Do you mean crack or patch :)
Tue 28/10/03 at 08:23
Regular
I can't even get to that bit. But when it did work, I left everything at medium just to test it. I have since had it running again now, after installing the patch. I cranked everything up and it still works perfect, with every setting on.

Hopefully it won't play up anymore, cos I really want to pleay this now I've had a taster!
Mon 27/10/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Have you changed the graphics settings before you actually start the game? Maybe somethings ticked that shouldnt be.
Mon 27/10/03 at 21:39
Regular
Can anyone help please?

This darn game won't start! I installed it fully - 3 times, and the bloody thing won't go past the splash screen - sometimes not even bringing that up.

I'm Running Win XP on a P4 1.7, 256MB RAM (not DDR), using an 80GB Hard drive, GeForce 4 Ti 4600, SB Live Platinum, Pioneer DVD A06 burner (first cd/dvd drive) and Creative 16x DVD drive (secondary one).

Upon checking troubleshooting in the readme, it says to close all apps especially ones that access CD/DVD Drives/burners. I have done this also.

I can tell you that I have had the thing running once - don't know how I did it, but it worked. And worked perfectly. But after closing it, it wouldn't run again.

Any ideas!?

All help will be greatly appreciated - any more info required, just ask.

Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.