GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Mario title gets GBA remake"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Bros.'.
Tue 28/10/03 at 09:59
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
According to gamespot.com, Super Mario Bros. (Originally made for the NES) will be given as a bonus gift with the lucky winners of the famicom special edition GBA (from which only 3000 have been made). The game seems to be a port of the original with no graphics update, according to the article anyway.

Your views?
Thu 30/10/03 at 13:39
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
meh, if i wanted to play super mario bros, i'd go upstairs and put it in my NES(i did this the other day infact)..hehe, theres no point in buying the updates of the old games....just play the original! MWOUHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!
Wed 29/10/03 at 23:49
Regular
Eh?
Wed 29/10/03 at 22:22
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I was under the impression that Famicom GBA SPs were limited edition's
> and given away as prizes, no?

Yes thats true, the free Super Mario Bros. game is a bonus for the prize winners.
Wed 29/10/03 at 22:17
Regular
I was under the impression that Famicom GBA SPs were limited edition's and given away as prizes, no?
Tue 28/10/03 at 21:54
Regular
If I see the NES (or famicom) edition GBA, I'll probably end up getting it and keeping it for collector's sake.

As for SMB - atleast it wont have that damn Mario Bros game that's featured in every other port of a Mario game - and atleast it will have a lack of save features which made the original so hard - and good!

If it does happen anyway.
Tue 28/10/03 at 17:42
Regular
It's a nice update of a classic, wouldn't have taken much effort and is better than nothing.

I'm all for it.
Tue 28/10/03 at 15:15
Regular
It's on the Gameboy Colour to... so just get that...

And it's upgraded.
Tue 28/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Yay! Someone actually replied.
Tue 28/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You can get it on Animal Crossing, can't you?

Problem solved! :)
Tue 28/10/03 at 09:59
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
According to gamespot.com, Super Mario Bros. (Originally made for the NES) will be given as a bonus gift with the lucky winners of the famicom special edition GBA (from which only 3000 have been made). The game seems to be a port of the original with no graphics update, according to the article anyway.

Your views?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.