GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ISS 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'ISS 3'.
Wed 29/10/03 at 15:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
anyone else got this??

i have to say i'm disappointed. I thought ISS was the more "arcadey" brother of Pro Evolution. Maybe it's just me, but i thought it was a bit slow for an arcade game and overly fiddly. There seem to be a fair few issues with it too:

1. the player select is dubious at best, it always seems to change to the most unhelpful player :-\
2. pressing long pass results in booting the ball wildly into touch an awful lot
3. there doesn't seem to be a tackle button that won't give away a foul.
4. not option to use the D-pad for control :(

maybe it's just me but i'm having a hard time warming to this game, am i missing something?

to think that the money i spent on this could've gone towards Viewtiful Joe.. dang! ;)
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well, that's it.
i officially despise ISS3 and the review i just posted is fairly vocal about it too! :)

it's back in it's box, the memory card has been wiped and it's being traded in on the weekend.

considering how much fun ISS on the SNES was, this was a total disappointment.
i'm going back to Redcard, it's an AWFUL football game engine with a million omissions, but it's a right laught to play and that's all that matters to me.
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> 1. the player select is dubious at best, it always seems to change to
> the most unhelpful player :-\

I find that in Winning Eleven 6 when my attack loses the ball.

> 2. pressing long pass results in booting the ball wildly into touch
> an awful lot

Yep! VERY Winning Eleven 6!!

> 3. there doesn't seem to be a tackle button that won't give away a
> foul.

...And again!

Sounds very much like World Soccer Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution, to me! Yet, they are so very different in class... Strange, isn't it?

And yes, Winning Eleven 6 (the best footy game on the 'Cube!) is the Japanese equivalent of Pro Evolution Soccer 2.
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Indeed.
>
> FIFA 2003 is the better football game for GameCube owners. That is,
> of course, if you can't import Winning Eleven 6 from Japan.

i'm confused, is Winning 11 the Japanese version of Pro Evo?
Wed 29/10/03 at 22:34
Regular
Indeed.

FIFA 2003 is the better football game for GameCube owners. That is, of course, if you can't import Winning Eleven 6 from Japan.
Wed 29/10/03 at 19:55
Regular
"My head hurts"
I haven't got it but i was going to , i've heard its complete garbage.
Wed 29/10/03 at 19:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Memorandum! wrote:
> The commentary in ISS is genius.
>
> And now ENGLAND!!!!! have possession of the ball, that's a goal for
> ENGLAND!!!!!! ESTONIA!!!!!! must be very disappointed.

*LMAO*
it's funny......... because it's true, i turned it off on my 3rd game.
yeah, this hasn't been fixed, it's still appalling, most of it is in a different tone of voice. it's madness, GC games are on mini-dvd's so there's LOADS of room!! maybe if there were less pointless menu animations or movie clips for company logos (seriously, just a picture would be fine!) then there'd be room to make the commentary passable..

i'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt, but if it's not grabbed me by the weekend then it's getting traded against viewtiful joe :)

ISS on the SNES and fifa 98 for the PSone are still the best footie games around. oh, and sensible soccer, NATURALLY! :)
Wed 29/10/03 at 17:54
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I read about ISS 3 and it sount really bad. Personally, I'll stick with FIFA, at least the commentary (Sp?) isn't as bad.
Wed 29/10/03 at 17:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The commentary in ISS is genius.

And now ENGLAND!!!!! have possession of the ball, that's a goal for ENGLAND!!!!!! ESTONIA!!!!!! must be very disappointed.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
You have to use the ALT0160 character.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:41
"cheerios"
They didn't show my spaces in my post :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.