GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 DVD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 23:40
Regular
Just wanted to find out about any problems peeps had run into with PS2 DVD compatability, what works, what doesnt, tell me! And if u know any sites that list compatability please tell me that aswell, what about imports? what works there?
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:13
Regular
"I am your father"
vigilante9 wrote:

BTW, the DVD remote
> is out. It's
> £20, very stylish and comes with an update disk.
> I
> reccommend anyone to get it.

The DVD remote is out! Cool !
> Where dya hear about it? Where can ya buy it ?

SR ofcourse, they offer the latest in to do with computers , apart from DVD's which I hate to go on and be rude about but they just don't seem to get in stock as many DVD's as I think they should, there are many great films which are missing from their data base and maybe it's just because there isn't a serious demand for them yet. Tony can you confirm this?
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:24
and there are certain dvd's which will not work with the PS2 as some publications will tell you in special collums, for example, the weddnig singer (not like id want it anyway!)
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:15
Turbonutter wrote:
> There's nothing that sets the PS2 apart from any other DVD player,
> you know. What doesn't work on a PS2, won't work on a DVD player and
> therefore, should never have been released.

BTW, the DVD remote
> is out. It's £20, very stylish and comes with an update disk.
> I reccommend anyone to get it.

The DVD remote is out! Cool ! Where dya hear about it? Where can ya buy it ?
Sun 09/09/01 at 13:01
Regular
"I am your father"
Ant wrote:
> My PS2 has never experienced any serious problems
> whatsoever.

'Nuff said.

According to my mathmatical calculation *gets calculator out* I don't think PS2 has had any faults but when it was first released wasn't there something wrong with them to do with the discs all being scratched? Anyways it has been fixed now and Sony is on for a gloreous year of money money and more money.
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There's nothing that sets the PS2 apart from any other DVD player, you know. What doesn't work on a PS2, won't work on a DVD player and therefore, should never have been released.

BTW, the DVD remote is out. It's £20, very stylish and comes with an update disk. I reccommend anyone to get it.
Sun 09/09/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Back For Good"
The PS2 is compatible with ALL dvd's where as the Japanese PS2 doesn't play alot of discs.
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
My PS2 has never experienced any serious problems whatsoever.

'Nuff said.
Sun 09/09/01 at 11:34
Regular
I don't have a PS2 myself, but I have a friend with a pretty large DVD collection, and they've all worked as well as on his standard DVD player.

If only my Grandad's Dreamcast yet you play DVD's

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Sat 08/09/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Awwwwooooooo"
i've had no problems...works like a dream..bit awkward using a joypad though.isnt the offical remote out yet?
sorry i cant help with the import question i'd stick with region 2 DVDs better picture quality.
Sat 08/09/01 at 23:42
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have had my PS2 since launch day and have not had one problem with it, i feel proud!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.