GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Multiplayer Moments"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 18:13
Regular
From any game.

Is it :

Backing up your mate as you edge into covenant infested rooms in Halo?
Setting fire to your mate as he wedges his car between a lamp-post and a bus in GTA2?
Slapping your mate in the face as you prepare to go over a huge jump on SSX Tricky?
Detonating a cluster of remote mines in a room, as your unsuspecting mate enters it in Perfect Dark?
Killing your mate with a cheesy light punch in Street Fighter 2?
Punching your mate to death in DOOM with the berserker power up?
Attacking your mate from 3 fronts - land, air and sea, without little warning, and completely overwhelming them, in Red Alert 2?
Getting a perfect cross in Fifa 2003?
Running up your mates chest, then landing on them as Law, in Tekken 3?
Shooting your mate point blank with a Flak Cannon in Unreal Tournament?
Pulling off your mates head and spinal cord as Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat 2?

Any more - there must be millions of moments which make you and your friends laugh out loud at someone elses expense. Share your hilarious stories .....
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:13
Regular
From any game.

Is it :

Backing up your mate as you edge into covenant infested rooms in Halo?
Setting fire to your mate as he wedges his car between a lamp-post and a bus in GTA2?
Slapping your mate in the face as you prepare to go over a huge jump on SSX Tricky?
Detonating a cluster of remote mines in a room, as your unsuspecting mate enters it in Perfect Dark?
Killing your mate with a cheesy light punch in Street Fighter 2?
Punching your mate to death in DOOM with the berserker power up?
Attacking your mate from 3 fronts - land, air and sea, without little warning, and completely overwhelming them, in Red Alert 2?
Getting a perfect cross in Fifa 2003?
Running up your mates chest, then landing on them as Law, in Tekken 3?
Shooting your mate point blank with a Flak Cannon in Unreal Tournament?
Pulling off your mates head and spinal cord as Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat 2?

Any more - there must be millions of moments which make you and your friends laugh out loud at someone elses expense. Share your hilarious stories .....
Fri 31/10/03 at 12:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
yeah, the death moves in MK got a smile when i first saw them :)

i think exploiting the "if i kick your ankle, you'll get knocked out" dynamic of pretty much all energy bar based fighters is worthy of a mention :)
Tue 11/11/03 at 14:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Probably the best moment was finally finishing Ska Ska no. 1 in Drummania, with me on the guitar and my mate doing drums.

Next would be staying up until 6am playing with the EyeToy.

Then just the general madness of 2 player Samba de Amigo.

Not many other multiplayer moments for me... just Ace Combat 4, then all the way back to Chaos on the speccy.
Tue 11/11/03 at 15:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Narrowly escaping having my colony destroyed in Starcraft, moving it to safety and then nuking the whole of my opponent's colony and army.
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
mario kart on the SNES...
whole summer spent with mates heaving shells at each other :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:21
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> mario kart on the SNES...
> whole summer spent with mates heaving shells at each other :)

those red shells were the bain of my life
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:17
Regular
in perfect dark, have at least one other guy on your team (AI), get him to stand still. cover him head to toe in remote mines. let him go to attack a load of people, when he gets close to a crowd, detonate.
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:20
Had a good multiplayer moment today in Halo; our team were in a Warthog, surrounded by two other Warthogs from the opposing team, circling our base.

While trying to dodge the cars, I dismounted and ran towards the bunker in my base, grabbed the shotgun and hid by the entrance. I waited, and as the warthogs circled, I shot both drivers of the opposing team, one after the other... that was a great moment.
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:24
Regular
halo is great for multiplayer - I must say I feel jipped not having the banshee available though, when PC users do. anyway

something that always makes me laugh, one mate of mine flew towards me in a ghost (I was in the tank), he dodged at the last minute, but caught the edge of the tank, and it flew in the air, landing upside down. slowly turn the turret and fire, casually as you like. he couldn't do anything. high-larious
Fri 14/11/03 at 22:41
Regular
Goldeneye has got to be my best multiplayer experience.
Me and my friends spent days playing four player against eachother shooting at eachother and exploring the areas we were allowed to enter.
All the veapons, all the modes, all the characters and all the fun aaah the memories...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.