GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erm....Ebay Suckers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 19:52
Regular
I just flogged Resi on ebay and the final bid was £18. I was never expecting that much but, more money, the better.

I also flogged Rogue Squadron 2 for £12 and Smugglers Run (Which I got for free may I add) for a tenner.
Sat 01/11/03 at 11:04
Regular
"My head hurts"
I can get Mario Sunshine for £8 in grainger games near me. It is extremely cheap. New games are £25-£35
Sat 01/11/03 at 09:39
Regular
"the burning sky"
dt_brookman wrote:
> I've managed to get some great deals on eBay, I got Mario Sunshine and
> Knockout Kings 2003 for £10 each. But I also know someone who
> won an auction for a PS2, sent off the cheque, then it never arrived.
> He then won another auction, sent off the cheque again, then it
> didn't arrive again. Total cost = £240. Nice.
>
> I don't think I'd buy anything off eBay for a lot of money, it's way
> too risky.

Why didnt he just cancel the cheque? I think he's a bit stoopid!
Sat 01/11/03 at 00:37
Regular
"Mmmm...Cheesy Poofs"
I've managed to get some great deals on eBay, I got Mario Sunshine and Knockout Kings 2003 for £10 each. But I also know someone who won an auction for a PS2, sent off the cheque, then it never arrived. He then won another auction, sent off the cheque again, then it didn't arrive again. Total cost = £240. Nice.

I don't think I'd buy anything off eBay for a lot of money, it's way too risky.
Fri 31/10/03 at 17:24
"I love yo... lamp."
I really should flog some stuff on there. Wonder how much I would get for an empty mars bar wrapper.
Thu 30/10/03 at 22:34
Regular
My friend sold an "air guitar" on there and another mate sells "good ratings" where he rates you better...

Crazy!
Thu 30/10/03 at 22:05
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Just before FS 2004 came out i sold FS 2002 for £25... i was totally gob smacked but also very pleased :D
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:04
Correction: Where I said all, I meant most.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:03
I too was surprised when I sold SOCOM for £37 + P&P, especially when all online retailers were selling it new for cheaper, or at the most, 99p more with P&P inc. Still, you can't complain.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:52
Regular
I just flogged Resi on ebay and the final bid was £18. I was never expecting that much but, more money, the better.

I also flogged Rogue Squadron 2 for £12 and Smugglers Run (Which I got for free may I add) for a tenner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.