GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Makin magic review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims : Makin' Magic'.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Indeed"
Beware. Your Sims have Magic.
In The Sims™ Makin' Magic Expansion Pack*, your Sims can now harness the supernatural, casting spells with playful or mischievous intentions. With a new magical, carnival-themed location, over 175 new items, and a host of quirky new characters, Makin’ Magic is the largest Sims Expansion Pack ever. New gameplay includes making, gathering, and questing for ingredients to brew magic spell recipes. Get help around the house from magical minions, turn pesky neighbors into toads, or make that hard-to-get Sim fall in love with you. But watch out, spells can backfire if you’re not careful. Either way, the neighborhood will never be the same.

*This expansion pack requires the original 'TheSims' game to play.

New Gameplay
Unlock spells in the family Spellbook and mix ingredients to create spells.
Every spell has a unique Backfire, including toad plagues, snakes, and lightning strikes.

New Locations And Objects
Perform at the Side Show, Spook Show, Magic Dueling Arena, and Magic Trick Table to earn MagiCoins.
Customize spooky and crazy carnival rides for your Sims.
Build a magical dream home and live in Magic Town.

Over 175 New Items
New Mediterranean-themed kitchen set includes the first-ever Baker’s oven to bake bread, cakes, and pies.
Build skills and create new spell ingredients with the Bee Hive, Spinning Wheel, Gargoyle Bench and Butter Churn.
Grow grapes and berries with Vine Plots to make and serve nectar.

New Characters
Turn the Gnome and Flamingo lawn ornaments into an eager garden helper and sexy hostess.
Summon the Skeleton Maid to clean your house.
Hatch a Pet Dragon who will eat everything from garbage to small creatures.
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:04
Regular
that's exactly what i meant in my last post. i did not notice the word review. maybe he meant him reviewing over what it says on the back of the box? meh...
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Eh?
I have no idea what your last post meant, but I said it looked more like an advert to a review because he called the thread 'makin magic review'. The key word being review.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:47
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> if it was a review, he'd submit it AS one. not in chat. from the looks
> of it he's merely letting god knows who, that it's out, and by
> copying (what sounds like) the back of the game box he's just telling
> people what they've written about it.....
>
> just because he's a newbie, you all assume the worst...
>
> what if goatboy...no, someone more respected...The Craziest col!
> wrote that, eh?
>
>
> oh, and goatboy - no offence. it could have easily been THE AOE
> SLAUGHT or hedfix...
>
> ;D

dammit, if only i had looked closer before writing that. oh well, at least what i said about goatboy (or THE AOE SLAUGHT, or hedfix, or anyone else) still stands, k?
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:46
Regular
if it was a review, he'd submit it AS one. not in chat. from the looks of it he's merely letting god knows who, that it's out, and by copying (what sounds like) the back of the game box he's just telling people what they've written about it.....

just because he's a newbie, you all assume the worst...

what if goatboy...no, someone more respected...The Craziest col! wrote that, eh?

oh, and goatboy - no offence. it could have easily been THE AOE SLAUGHT or hedfix...

;D
Fri 31/10/03 at 14:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Copying the back of the game box, isn't a review.
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
This looks more like an advert than a review...
Fri 31/10/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It sucks. It's one of the Sims series for God's sake.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Indeed"
Beware. Your Sims have Magic.
In The Sims™ Makin' Magic Expansion Pack*, your Sims can now harness the supernatural, casting spells with playful or mischievous intentions. With a new magical, carnival-themed location, over 175 new items, and a host of quirky new characters, Makin’ Magic is the largest Sims Expansion Pack ever. New gameplay includes making, gathering, and questing for ingredients to brew magic spell recipes. Get help around the house from magical minions, turn pesky neighbors into toads, or make that hard-to-get Sim fall in love with you. But watch out, spells can backfire if you’re not careful. Either way, the neighborhood will never be the same.

*This expansion pack requires the original 'TheSims' game to play.

New Gameplay
Unlock spells in the family Spellbook and mix ingredients to create spells.
Every spell has a unique Backfire, including toad plagues, snakes, and lightning strikes.

New Locations And Objects
Perform at the Side Show, Spook Show, Magic Dueling Arena, and Magic Trick Table to earn MagiCoins.
Customize spooky and crazy carnival rides for your Sims.
Build a magical dream home and live in Magic Town.

Over 175 New Items
New Mediterranean-themed kitchen set includes the first-ever Baker’s oven to bake bread, cakes, and pies.
Build skills and create new spell ingredients with the Bee Hive, Spinning Wheel, Gargoyle Bench and Butter Churn.
Grow grapes and berries with Vine Plots to make and serve nectar.

New Characters
Turn the Gnome and Flamingo lawn ornaments into an eager garden helper and sexy hostess.
Summon the Skeleton Maid to clean your house.
Hatch a Pet Dragon who will eat everything from garbage to small creatures.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.