GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here it is - Dr Monkey MP3s"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 16:24
Regular
For those interested (or those who want a good laugh) here lies a 60 second clip from Doctor Monkey's last practice. It's probably the worst we've ever played though, so don't wet yourself just yet.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.whiston/drmonkeymp3s.html

ENJOY!
Mon 10/09/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Stick some MP3 on here of Snuggly trying to be miserable litle girl like Thom Yorke.

I'd pay to hear that.
Mon 10/09/01 at 13:23
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> loki wrote:
> Tell me, does Ali ever sing? That I'd like to
> hear.

Unfortunately, almost all proof of me ever committing my
> voice to tape/Minidisc has been destroyed, unless Paul Whiston can
> prove me wrong. God, I'm terrible. We used to do nothing but cover
> Radiohead songs.

Monkey_man, it is my fervent prayer that you can prove him wrong. Publicly.
Mon 10/09/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Malmsteen-tastic mate
Mon 10/09/01 at 12:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
loki wrote:
> Tell me, does Ali ever sing? That I'd like to hear.

Unfortunately, almost all proof of me ever committing my voice to tape/Minidisc has been destroyed, unless Paul Whiston can prove me wrong. God, I'm terrible. We used to do nothing but cover Radiohead songs.

Actually, as a whole, I'm now resigned to the fact that we were never really a 'band' no matter how much we pretended we were. It was just a bit of fun, nothing more and it never came to anything and never will. Until my solo album, that is.
Mon 10/09/01 at 12:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> We once played in a proper recording studio, with proper equipment
> and everything, and we rocked.

I can recommend The Establishment in Hoxton.
Fantastic studio in a private mews, and the guy there knows his stuff. Used him twice now, and he's become a good friend, not afraid to make suggestions etc and comes to all our gigs.

Costs are very reasonable.
For 5 days cost £1500, from 10am to whenever you decide to finish, usually we packed in about 11pm.
A top engineer and has fantastic eqiupment, used 17 mics for the drumkit alone, including 3 just for the snare.

Any more stuff recored anywhere Mr Monkey?
Mon 10/09/01 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Tell me, does Ali ever sing? That I'd like to hear.
Mon 10/09/01 at 11:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
We once played in a proper recording studio, with proper equipment and everything, and we rocked. We played our hearts out and did really well, but it turns out the bloke who produced it was actually a monkey himself, and completely screwed up our tracks. Honestly. Our bassist is generally crud, and he won't mind me saying that, but he played the best bass line of his life, only to find the producer had layed it down with about a 3 second delay on the MiniDisc, the dwad. I hate this industry.
Mon 10/09/01 at 11:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Bunch of monkeys indeed. If anyone is curious, I'm the one who plays all the chords out of sync. Damn you Paul Whiston, damn you to hell!
Sun 09/09/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go for it man, record as much as possible.

If you get some more stuff, get Ali to email me them (or get my email addy from him), I wouldn't mind hearing some stuff recorded better than that.

It wasn't crap quality, just wasn't massively clear.
Sun 09/09/01 at 10:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It was only 60 seconds of one of our worst songs. Me and Ali agreed last night that Dr Monkey is a terrible name for a band and should have been left at Glastonbury. Me and Ali both played guitar (our bassist now lives in Brighton) through my multitracker and our drummer played through one mic. Last time we got to play in a studio we used 24 mics. I've got a Fostex 380S with 12 inputs! It's got Dolby S and is supposedly the best Analog multitrack. If we'd started recording our stuff long ago then we'd have a lot better stuff - including our jam sessions. That's where all the metal lies. Me and Ali had some superb jams. My mate came round yesterday who I haven't seen for about 6 months. He's played in bands with a bloke from Iron Maiden and a bloke Judas Priest! He's only 20 and can play like Slash. I'm quite jealous of him, but I've had different influences. He started off with Bon Jovi and moved onto Metallica, I started with Oasis and moved to Pavement and the Beta Band. We do a lot of rock though. I'm going to upload some of my demos when I've got the time. I'm hoping that Ali will record them and add his 'flavour' to them. That way Dr Monkey can live on, in a virtual kinda way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.