GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSX Tricky?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 14:27
Regular
I liked te original SSX game a lot and there was no doubt of is supremecy at the time. This of course means that Im thinking of getting SSX Tricky but with so many quality games coming out so soon I'm not sure if it will be different enough to the original to be a worth-while purchase.

From what Ive read there are 2 new boarders replacing Hiro and Jurgen and a new track or two. And some physically impossible skateboard tricks. Other than this its the same boarders on the same, or slightly modified tracks.

Does anyone know more than this about SSX Tricky, and mainly wheher the improvement will make it worth spending £35 on what is essentially an update? Please help!
Sat 08/09/01 at 17:22
"period drama"
Does well mattboy!
fight the power!!!!!

BLAH
Sat 08/09/01 at 17:16
Regular
"round the outside"
GOOD BOARDS
GOOD SNOW
GOOD TRACKS
SUM OTHER GOOD STUFF
THROW IN SUM GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY
and thats when u no that u have just played
SSX!
Sat 08/09/01 at 17:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The game is set a year later? How does that work then, was there a story to the first one? Well if its good ill probally get it.
Sat 08/09/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
I'm one of these people if there's a director's cut or special edition of a game that i'm after, I'd get it. I love SSX and rented it out a number of times but didn't want to buy it because of SSX DVD which was a special edition touched up version of the game.

EA now say SSX tricky is more of a sequel wih 6 of the orginal characters and set a year later, ah well I'll get em both then.
Sat 08/09/01 at 16:02
Regular
"You Bum!!"
It hasnt even being announced properly yet
Sat 08/09/01 at 15:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
Actually it might be worth waiting for the proper sequel - Im not sure if I want to part with £40 just for an update!!

Have Dark Cloud on order - Looks awesome!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:55
Regular
"You Bum!!"
SSX TRicky will be mine.I liked the SSX demo but I couldnt be bothered to spend £40 on it
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:37
"period drama"
Remember SSX Tricky is just an update- there is gonna b
a prper sequal soon- it's worth waiting.

You shuld get Dark Cloud- I can't wait
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:27
I liked te original SSX game a lot and there was no doubt of is supremecy at the time. This of course means that Im thinking of getting SSX Tricky but with so many quality games coming out so soon I'm not sure if it will be different enough to the original to be a worth-while purchase.

From what Ive read there are 2 new boarders replacing Hiro and Jurgen and a new track or two. And some physically impossible skateboard tricks. Other than this its the same boarders on the same, or slightly modified tracks.

Does anyone know more than this about SSX Tricky, and mainly wheher the improvement will make it worth spending £35 on what is essentially an update? Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.