GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Buffy Episode??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 11:48
Regular
Whats your best Buffy episode??

Im not really a great fan but I watched the episode 'Hush' last night for the first time - The one where everyone loses there voice - I thought it was amazing and actually quite scary for Buffy!!
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:24
Regular
"WWJD"
i like the Hush one really cool
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:06
"High polygon count"
loki wrote:
> Of course not Wookie. I'm not quite that shallow!

Oh, okay. Well, I know I'm not the only one who is! :-)

> Give me Miss Calendar any day.

She was also nice. Most of the ladies in it are.

Mon 10/09/01 at 17:02
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Wòókiee Møn§Ý€R wrote:

Nothing to do with *that* scene where Buffy is standing
> over Xander on the library steps, in *that* little outfit, is
> it?

Of course not Wookie. I'm not quite that shallow!

Anyway, I love the series but I'm not much of an SMG fan in general. Give me Miss Calendar any day.
Mon 10/09/01 at 16:59
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> i think the movie sucks, you have to admit the
> movie was on the cheesy side

It was supposed to be REAL
> cheesy, that was Joss's original concept.
The series, though in
> many ways better than the film, does kind of ruin what Buffy the
> Vampire Slayer stood for originaly.

Apparantly. Whedon's original concept for the movie was darker in tone but the execs at the studio didn't get it - how can you have a movie called Buffy the Vampire Slayer and not be silly? In a way they ruined it but I still liked it when it came out and it has the best death scence of any movie ever.
Mon 10/09/01 at 12:46
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:

> but my favourites so far - despite the subject - were the
> Season 5 episodes covering the death of Buffy's mum, Joyce.

I'd forgotten about those! I think the first one, were Buffy walks in on her mum all dead and that, is the best episode ever. The fact that there's no music in it was REALLY effective.
Sad episode admittedly, but brilliant all the same!
Mon 10/09/01 at 12:42
Mystique wrote:
> i think the movie sucks, you have to admit the movie was on the cheesy side

It was supposed to be REAL cheesy, that was Joss's original concept.
The series, though in many ways better than the film, does kind of ruin what Buffy the Vampire Slayer stood for originaly. The series is very self aware, it sets itself up as another one of these "Dawsons Crock" type high schooly angst filled tripe, but then steps back and laughs at itself, thus making it a work of purest genius!!!

The film was making a slightly different statement and did it by being "over the top" with sillyness rather than showing how self analytical it was. They understood the stupidness of the film when they made it, they just didn't want everyone to know they did.
Mon 10/09/01 at 12:23
"High polygon count"
loki wrote:
> Apart from that I really like on of the early ones
> where Buffy is turned into a rat and hardly features. Just because
> it's mainly about Xander becoming iressistable to girls. It's
> silly, fun and he gets some great one liners.

Nothing to do with *that* scene where Buffy is standing over Xander on the library steps, in *that* little outfit, is it?

Mmmmm, yummy.

That's gotta be the dream of every male SMG fan. (And who knows, possibly some of her female fans, too!)
Mon 10/09/01 at 11:36
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Hush was definately the best Buffy ever. Genuinely creepy villians, amazing use of sound effects, great twisted fairytale storyline. And the scene in the lecture theatre with Giles and his transparancies (and Buffy's ambiguous hand motions) is fantastic.

Apart from that I really like on of the early ones where Buffy is turned into a rat and hardly features. Just because it's mainly about Xander becoming iressistable to girls. It's silly, fun and he gets some great one liners.

And the one where Spike moves in with Giles and they start arguing about Weetabix. Classic.
Mon 10/09/01 at 00:15
"High polygon count"
Fonzie wrote:
> Tara

No, I meant not being able to comfort Buffy.
Mon 10/09/01 at 00:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ive seen the film and clips of the series and thats about it.......

although my sister asks me to tape it every friday so it must be some good, well done Sarah :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.