GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IDEA FOR SR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 00:32
Regular
How about this.

When u become a regular, as well as having reg next to your name, why not be able to pick the colour your name appears on. Obviously, gold is reserved for notables, and certain other colours for staff.

I would love a blue name!
Mon 29/03/10 at 09:02
Regular
Ooops forgot to say thanks for the loan of the ships. I know I didn't use many but I needed two different forces and some terrain. We also used a few extras in the 5v5 face off at the end.
Sun 28/03/10 at 23:57
Regular
Glad to hear you had a good time. No it was not "Mike H's finest hour" as there were too many "Oh, God. Not again"'s to balance the game up. (I roll a 1 & Mike W rolls a 10 for cavalry combats I should have won. We will be having 15mm cavalry prctices at first light all this week until they get it right!)
Yes, we could do with a game report for the site if possible.
Thanks for putting on the game - all seemed to enjoy it.
Sun 28/03/10 at 22:30
Regular
Well how did the Age of Eagles game go? When I left the Prussians were stuck on a bridge. Was this Mike H's finest hour?

Full Thrust went well, 5 players of whom only Matthew had played before, (and even then that was Full Thrust Light and only twice). I seemed to forget a few rules details but no one noticed ... phew! That said, I know where I was having difficulty and I was really impressed with the rules as they worked much better than I expected.

The simultaneous orders and movement stops anyone getting too bored and the combat, although dice heavy sometimes, does keep the players glued on the results.

We had 16 ships on the table, started at about 18:20 and finished by 21:00. I think that with players that know the system better we could easily put 24 ships on the table and finish the game, (which is typically 9 turns), in an evening.

If I ran it in the future I think I would:

a) Use clipboards. There was too much gaming area used by players ditching their playsheets on it.
b) Introduce tokens for initiative. With 5 players and initiative being rolled each round it was easy to lose track. if after initiative was rolled you got handed a token with your combat order, 1,2,3,4 or 5 on, it would be easier. Was never a big problem though.
c) Control Sheet. Would have been good to keep a check on which ships had fired in a round. Like b), this was never a big problem.
d) Use some template so players could check the course/heading of their ships. This is probably the biggest thing as the exact course was sometimes a bit unclear and I had to verify it.

One thing we did learn is that Missile Salvo Systems are deadly if they strike home!

Do you need a match report?
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I suggested Tag Images in Life on the Forums competition. No one seemed to like it :/
Sat 08/09/01 at 12:46
Regular
I think that most of us prefer blue to purple.

A deep strong blue should be good.
Sat 08/09/01 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Logan wrote:
> How about this.

> When u become a regular, as well as having reg next to your name, why not be able to pick the colour your name appears on. Obviously, gold is reserved for notables, and certain other colours for staff.

> I would love a blue name!

We can't do this but we may be able to change the colours a bit to find out which colour people prefer.
Sat 08/09/01 at 10:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
You lot just gave m,e an idea, which, kind of ties in with this I suppose:

On the NintyUK website, when you register, you can assign a little picture to appear under your name. Check it out at members.aol.com/shigsyjr and then lets see what you think.
Sat 08/09/01 at 10:01
I think there would be too much havoc.
Sat 08/09/01 at 09:37
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Dunno if it would work.
Sat 08/09/01 at 09:26
Regular
Good idea..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.