GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile Website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/03/10 at 22:57
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
lo all,

is it possible for a website to detect that the visitor is viewing the site via a mobile phone and if so automaticly redirect the visitor to the mobile phone version of the site?
Tue 30/03/10 at 11:24
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
If you wanted to use PHP to detect mobile browser I would recommend using WURFL, which an open source XML list of all current mobile browser user agent strings, and it also provides access to the XML via an open source PHP Class which is compatible with all our servers.
Mon 29/03/10 at 10:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
You can do this using PHP and Javascript. There is a guide how to do it for the iPhone on this very forum.

Click Here
Sun 28/03/10 at 12:43
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Lo Garin,
was thinking of using PHP but could only find off the shelf solutions. So i guess your advice is spot on many thx
Sat 27/03/10 at 23:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Yep,

You can use the user agent string to determine what browser they are using. You can also detect if the browser will accept stuff like WAP. How you do it depends on your platform, you can do it PHP, Javascript or even via htaccess.

The only downside is that these days there are alot of mobile browsers so you're better off finding an "off the shelf" solution rather than trying to do it yourself.
Sat 27/03/10 at 22:57
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
lo all,

is it possible for a website to detect that the visitor is viewing the site via a mobile phone and if so automaticly redirect the visitor to the mobile phone version of the site?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.