GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help me with xmas box for my kid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:36
Regular
"metal rules"
Im getting my 7 year old a gamecube for xmas, could you recommend a few games for me too get for her. Thanks. Im getting mario kart double dash. what else would she enjoy.
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:30
Regular
My 8 year old brother just loves Pikmin.
Sun 02/11/03 at 16:14
Regular
"metal rules"
cheers
Sun 02/11/03 at 15:06
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Super Monkey ball 2
Mario Party 4
Super Mario Sunshine
Sun 02/11/03 at 14:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
AfroJoe wrote:
> Then there's games like Super Monkey Ball 2

I second that, it's the only game I'll miss when I sell my GameCube.
Sun 02/11/03 at 13:39
Regular
Resident Evil

Nah, I'm only joking (obviously), perhaps the Monkey Ball games would be suited to her.
Sun 02/11/03 at 13:28
Regular
Double Dash is the best choice out of the current crop.

You might want to look into Mario Party 5 (released December 5th) if you think she'll be playing multiplayer - otherwise it's probably best to leave it. Super Mario Sunshine is a brilliant platformer, but rather tricky in places - I'm not sure how it would suit a seven-year-old. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg & Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc aren't quite as good, but may be more suited to that age demographic.

Doshin the Giant might be quite fun, but if you can import Animal Crossing from Australia that would be even better. It's a simple, yet compelling 'life' game that unfortunately won't arrive in Europe. It will be released in Australia shortly, and an Australian copy will work fine on a European GameCube.

Tony Hawk's Underground (released 14th November), F-Zero GX and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker are all games that everyone seems to enjoy but, again, I'm not entirely sure they would be suited to a 7-year-old girl. You may need to look into this yourself.

Hope that helped.
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Mario Sunshine is always good, and now it can be found for under £20 as well. That would be a good option.

Then there's games like Super Monkey Ball 2 and Pikmin which are a lot of fun. Both of them can be found cheap as well.
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:49
Regular
What kind of games do you allow her to play? 3+'s include Mario Kart, f-zero (I think) and zelda.
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:45
Regular
i mean sonic mega collection :p
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:44
Regular
Possibly zelda, and if you ever had a mega drive and she played all the classic sonic games, i would tell you to get her them, and welcome to the forums :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.