GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Peggle (iPhone/iPod Touch)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Peggle'.
Wed 24/03/10 at 22:14
"possibly impossible"
Small silver Balls
Peggle is what would happen if you crossed pinball with Arkanoid and a puzzle game. It's a sort of Frankenstein's monster of gmaing without the horror (or the bolt through the head, which may or may not be in the next update).

Launch a series of balls, choosing the angle of your aim carefully, in to a series of coloured pegs and try to get all the orange pegs before you run out of balls.

Super green power
Luckily you have some help in the green balls littered around most levels. Their power differs but some will show you the trajectory, others give you flippers like in pinball and another will give you multi-balls.

These play in to the strategy of the game nicely and you'll find yourself thinking ahead, wondering what angle to go for first in order to get the specials and the orange pegs without losing too many balls.

What a Character
The levels are grouped via a series of colourful animal characters who explain any new features you might come across. It helps to break down what might have been a slog through the later stages of the game into something worth playing for.

Graphics in the main game are pretty colourful too, though there's not a lot of detail needed in a game like this. It's the splash screens between levels and some of the backgrounds that show that Peggle has had a lot of work put into it.

Not a Chance!
When I first played Peggle I thought it was just a game of luck, but as I played through I began to understand that, just like pool or pinball this game has a big element of strategy, good aiming and planning ahead are essential to complete some of the more fiendish levels.

What sets Peggle apart and really sells the game is that it has that 'one more go' element of addiction which all good puzzle games have. It also has a wide appeal, my wife couldn't put it down after trying just the first few levels. The cartoony graphics help to charm its way into the heart of many non-gamers.

With multiplayer 'Duel' mode and loads of levels Peggle is a sure-fire hit and a game well worth downloading on the app store.

9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 24/03/10 at 22:14
"possibly impossible"
Small silver Balls
Peggle is what would happen if you crossed pinball with Arkanoid and a puzzle game. It's a sort of Frankenstein's monster of gmaing without the horror (or the bolt through the head, which may or may not be in the next update).

Launch a series of balls, choosing the angle of your aim carefully, in to a series of coloured pegs and try to get all the orange pegs before you run out of balls.

Super green power
Luckily you have some help in the green balls littered around most levels. Their power differs but some will show you the trajectory, others give you flippers like in pinball and another will give you multi-balls.

These play in to the strategy of the game nicely and you'll find yourself thinking ahead, wondering what angle to go for first in order to get the specials and the orange pegs without losing too many balls.

What a Character
The levels are grouped via a series of colourful animal characters who explain any new features you might come across. It helps to break down what might have been a slog through the later stages of the game into something worth playing for.

Graphics in the main game are pretty colourful too, though there's not a lot of detail needed in a game like this. It's the splash screens between levels and some of the backgrounds that show that Peggle has had a lot of work put into it.

Not a Chance!
When I first played Peggle I thought it was just a game of luck, but as I played through I began to understand that, just like pool or pinball this game has a big element of strategy, good aiming and planning ahead are essential to complete some of the more fiendish levels.

What sets Peggle apart and really sells the game is that it has that 'one more go' element of addiction which all good puzzle games have. It also has a wide appeal, my wife couldn't put it down after trying just the first few levels. The cartoony graphics help to charm its way into the heart of many non-gamers.

With multiplayer 'Duel' mode and loads of levels Peggle is a sure-fire hit and a game well worth downloading on the app store.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.