GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tower Bloxx (iPhone/ipod touch)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tower Bloxx'.
Wed 24/03/10 at 21:58
"possibly impossible"
TowerBloxx Deluxe 3D
When I was a young kid stacking blocks on top of each other until they all fell down was a great game. It was, however, often ruined by my brother, who would deliberately come in and knock them down before I'd built a record-breaking tower of infinite coolness.

Towerbloxx, while not re-creating the magic of these younger days, aims to do a similar thing with the stacking. This time though you'll be stacking apartments on top of each other.

Starting of as simple as you can get, the idea is to press on the screen to let go of a wobbly apartment block and watch as it lands (hopefully) on top of the last one you put down. A misjudged drop will mean your latest apartment falls on the floor and a life is lost.

While this in itself is a great little game (and forms the basis of the free version on the app store) the Build City mode challenges you to place these towers in a city, with different colour towers having to be put in a specific order. It's a head scratching planner's dream as you work out the right strategy. Not only this, but a better placed apartment will hold more people than a wobbly one so to get to the end of the level by gaining the right amount of residents requires both planning and good timing.

A jolly tune plays throughout, having just the right level of gravitas and stupidity the game needs and the graphics are bright and colourful with a lot going on in the background like people floating down on umbrellas.

Facebook integration allows you to show how good you are online compared to any friends that may be signed up (and against the worldwide leaderboards). It's a good addition that means the quick play option has a constantly moving target to keep you coming back.

Overall, TowerBloxx is a great game that gives you a lot for the small cost of the app.

8/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 24/03/10 at 21:58
"possibly impossible"
TowerBloxx Deluxe 3D
When I was a young kid stacking blocks on top of each other until they all fell down was a great game. It was, however, often ruined by my brother, who would deliberately come in and knock them down before I'd built a record-breaking tower of infinite coolness.

Towerbloxx, while not re-creating the magic of these younger days, aims to do a similar thing with the stacking. This time though you'll be stacking apartments on top of each other.

Starting of as simple as you can get, the idea is to press on the screen to let go of a wobbly apartment block and watch as it lands (hopefully) on top of the last one you put down. A misjudged drop will mean your latest apartment falls on the floor and a life is lost.

While this in itself is a great little game (and forms the basis of the free version on the app store) the Build City mode challenges you to place these towers in a city, with different colour towers having to be put in a specific order. It's a head scratching planner's dream as you work out the right strategy. Not only this, but a better placed apartment will hold more people than a wobbly one so to get to the end of the level by gaining the right amount of residents requires both planning and good timing.

A jolly tune plays throughout, having just the right level of gravitas and stupidity the game needs and the graphics are bright and colourful with a lot going on in the background like people floating down on umbrellas.

Facebook integration allows you to show how good you are online compared to any friends that may be signed up (and against the worldwide leaderboards). It's a good addition that means the quick play option has a constantly moving target to keep you coming back.

Overall, TowerBloxx is a great game that gives you a lot for the small cost of the app.

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.