GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how do i redirect my freeola domain to another space?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/02/07 at 17:40
Regular
How do i keep my domain name with freeola and point it to another location rather than freeolas web space?
Tue 27/02/07 at 16:13
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi jimbo,

make a blank webpage and put:

place this in the tag. ' content="0 ' (0 being time) is an immediate redirect so most will not know it's happened.

hope it helps

Dan
Tue 27/02/07 at 15:53
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
jimbo555 wrote:
> How do i keep my domain name with freeola and point it to another
> location rather than freeolas web space?

Hi jimbo,

There are two main ways of achieving this. The first is to simply upload a re-directing script to your web space (many can be found on a Google search, and are just a simple couple of lines of script). This will simply move any visitors on your site, to where ever you want them to be moved to, ie. another space/web site else where.

The other alternative is to change where the DNS servers point. This can be accessed via your MyFreeola account on the 'Change DNS Settings' page, this can be found on the following link:

Change DNS Settings

Doing this second option will move the hosting and the e-mail accounts away from Freeola, so that a different company will be looking after these aspects for you instead of us. If you wish to change the DNS servers, you will need two server names that look similar to these:

ns3.freeola.net & ns4.freeola.net - These of course are ours, but the other company should have some similar to these. Unfortunately, we do not support IP addresses if they try to give you something along the lines of 195.74.113.58.
Mon 26/02/07 at 17:40
Regular
How do i keep my domain name with freeola and point it to another location rather than freeolas web space?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.