GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I like the sound of that!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/01 at 15:33
Regular
More from PS2 IGN...

EA to Sound Better Than Ever with DTS

Starting with SSX Tricky and NHL 2002, EA's games now incorporate DTS audio technology.

September 6, 2001

Electronic Arts today officially announced that commencing with two major titles this fall on PlayStation 2, SSX Tricky and NHL 2002, it will fully integrate DTS (Digital Theater Sound) interactive audio technology into its games. While some games may have utilized DTS in pre-game CG or in menus, this technology has never appeared in any previous in-game PS2 titles.
Called SurroundSoundScape audio technology and used in theaters and on DVDs, players of PS2 systems can now hear theater quality DTS multi-channel surround sound in their games. EA plans to announce future games using this technology.

With DTS technology, in SSX Tricky snowboarders can now hear quickly approaching boarders from behind. In NHL 2002 players can now hear from which direction oncoming defensive players approach. The sound should not only enhance but improve gameplay. (SSX Tricky and NHL 2002 are both due this fall.)

"We are proud to have successfully developed the technology that will allow us to bring the leading technology in audio systems to our innovative and successful games," said Murray Allen, EA's vice president post production. "The increased sound experience brings the audio feature of the game up to the graphic quality level that is now established, the two together provide a fully immersive feel to the game."

"DTS is pleased to work with an industry leader like EA to help drive the next generation of home video games with the dynamics and realism that only surround sound can bring," said Jon Kirchner, President and COO of DTS.
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
SSX rox....i just got it today....
it's so cool....
i hope they add enough stuff in tricky to make it worth shelling another 35quid
Fri 07/09/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Touched!"
in what way are they ruining it? from what i've seen it looks at least twice as good as the origonal
Fri 07/09/01 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
Slaveunit wrote:
> SSX Tricky will be a must have.

Absolutely!!
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:36
Regular
SSX Tricky, I think EA are about to ruin the best game they released for a long time with a pointless run of sequels and semi-sequels, not really much point.
Fri 07/09/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
SSX Tricky will be a must have.
Fri 07/09/01 at 15:33
"High polygon count"
More from PS2 IGN...

EA to Sound Better Than Ever with DTS

Starting with SSX Tricky and NHL 2002, EA's games now incorporate DTS audio technology.

September 6, 2001

Electronic Arts today officially announced that commencing with two major titles this fall on PlayStation 2, SSX Tricky and NHL 2002, it will fully integrate DTS (Digital Theater Sound) interactive audio technology into its games. While some games may have utilized DTS in pre-game CG or in menus, this technology has never appeared in any previous in-game PS2 titles.
Called SurroundSoundScape audio technology and used in theaters and on DVDs, players of PS2 systems can now hear theater quality DTS multi-channel surround sound in their games. EA plans to announce future games using this technology.

With DTS technology, in SSX Tricky snowboarders can now hear quickly approaching boarders from behind. In NHL 2002 players can now hear from which direction oncoming defensive players approach. The sound should not only enhance but improve gameplay. (SSX Tricky and NHL 2002 are both due this fall.)

"We are proud to have successfully developed the technology that will allow us to bring the leading technology in audio systems to our innovative and successful games," said Murray Allen, EA's vice president post production. "The increased sound experience brings the audio feature of the game up to the graphic quality level that is now established, the two together provide a fully immersive feel to the game."

"DTS is pleased to work with an industry leader like EA to help drive the next generation of home video games with the dynamics and realism that only surround sound can bring," said Jon Kirchner, President and COO of DTS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.