GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Assassins Creed 2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Assassin's Creed 2'.
Tue 23/03/10 at 08:15
Regular
I downloaded the game via torrent and started it. But the first time Desmond enters the animus the screen goes white and stays that way. Why? I've downloaded lot of games this way and never encountered this kind of problem.
Sun 30/01/11 at 16:22
Regular
Assassins Creed 2 uses a DRM. In order to play you must have broadband internet access, a legitimate copy of the game and an Ubisoft account. This is because the game iss connected to Ubisoft's website at all times to prevent piracy, so your torrent will not work.
Thu 25/03/10 at 23:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just noticed Assassins Creed 2 for the PC is only £15.98 in the Gameplay Easter Sale (just posted link to entire sale in games bargain thread) : Here
Tue 23/03/10 at 12:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Thats great news. But...

We can't really provide help on here that would aid you in breaking the law (copyright or otherwise). Lots have people have tried to be polite about this now, and have tried to help in other ways.

I did not believe they were that expensive over there. Are they that bad?
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:40
Regular
You guys told me to buy a game. Not a chance! If i would be caught buying games by my wife, she would rip my spinal cord through my ass! The games in Croatia cost a lot of money.
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:27
Regular
"THFC"
I think like the others have said, due to the fact it is downloaded, then your help response may be limited. I do not play PC games and so i can't help too much.

But like i said, write some reviews, add some cheats and you could win it Free!
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:21
Regular
The game works untill entering animus. Sound is good, graphics also. I bypassed all the protections, but don't understand why is this happening.
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:13
Regular
"THFC"
Or you could stick around and try win yourself a copy : D
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Agree with mods,not really the place to be discussing this TBH.

The game does require a constant internet connection to prevent illegal copies being used.There is an article about it here .More games will surely follow as developers cannot afford to let people get their games for free.

Cheapest UK price for this title seems to be £22.77 from Coolshop at the moment.

Keep an eye on the games bargain thread,I will make more of an effort to post any PC bargains I stumble upon.I'm the sure the other contributors will do so as well.
Tue 23/03/10 at 09:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
kamelot666 wrote:
> I downloaded the game via torrent and started it.

That's what you get downloading games instead of buying them! You can pick it up for about 20 quid if you look around....
Tue 23/03/10 at 08:55
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Probably the new DRM on the game, looks like its doing a good job.

I don't think anybody is going to give you advice on playing illegitimate copies of games, sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.