GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE OFFICIAL REMOTE IS OUT"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/01 at 12:56
Regular
Yes you heard correctly the OFFICIAL remote is out now and I've just picked it up from EB.
The remote is very smart indeed and has a button for every funtion so none of this going through the menu anymore. It comes with a driver disc which upgrades the player to version 2 but only problem is, it's a MASSIVE file about 2000 kb so you'll need some free space.

It has some really excellent functions like,
3 speeds of search both ways (forward and reverse).
Time display to show how long the disc has been running. Disc/title/chapter repeat.
Program which chapters to play in a certain order.
A-B
and quite a few other nice new features i forget which.

Everything is neatly set out and it's very resonsive but It does however come with a £20 price tag but take it from me it's DEFINATLY worth it.

Res
Sun 09/09/01 at 01:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I bought this from Choices a couple of days ago, and it really is worth it.
Sat 08/09/01 at 16:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I saw the remote today at game, but having already got a remote i did not get it. Instead i bought a multitap and ATV Offroad for £55. Not bad and great game too.
Sat 08/09/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
God damn it!! Couldnt find the remote anywhere!!! I'll have to leave it till next week now - Its got to be somewhere!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Touched!"
Ö> wrote:
> Yes you heard correctly the OFFICIAL remote is out now and I've just
> picked it up from EB.

I also picked mine up, but from GAME, they had just got them in when i arrived which was quite lucky

The remote is very smart indeed and has a
> button for every funtion so none of this going through the menu
> anymore. It comes with a driver disc which upgrades the player to
> version 2 but only problem is, it's a MASSIVE file about 2000 kb so
> you'll need some free space.

shame about the it taking up 2.2mb but its worth it rekon, i don't use up much space on my card so it doesn't really bother me as much, the functions are really useful like the 3 different speed searches.

It has some really excellent
> functions like,
3 speeds of search both ways (forward and
> reverse).
Time display to show how long the disc has been running.
> Disc/title/chapter repeat.
Program which chapters to play in a
> certain order.
A-B
and quite a few other nice new features i
> forget which.

yeah i agree the features are really good, one i need to try out is the angle of the cmaera, i don't know what films support this as i only have 6 DVD films.

all in all this is worth it if you are watching DVD's a lot, it saves u a lot of time messing around with the DS2 pad, the only gripe i have with it is that there is no pass through port, but u can't have everything :/
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:59
Regular
"You Bum!!"
beanz wrote:
maybe
> cos the actors and actresses are speaking in mandarin (unless you're
> chinese and you can read all of it)....rather than english....

True.Very annoying when you have to read the subtitles and watch the action at the same time.Very difficult thing to do
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:43
"period drama"
Blah to you all- i'm happy using my controller
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Touched!"
i've just picked up the remote, i'll post my views soon
Sat 08/09/01 at 14:22
Regular
"accidental superher"
Triple_H wrote:
> I cant comment on the lyp synch issue since I only watched 1 DVD.It
> was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and they werent saying what was in
> the subtitles anyway

maybe cos the actors and actresses are speaking in mandarin (unless you're chinese and you can read all of it)....rather than english....
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
nobby flagpole wrote:
> So has anyone else other than Resi actually got the remote? SR
> haven't got it - why the bloody hell not?!

SR do have it but you need to type "official" in the search box for some reason remote doesn't find it.
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going on a trek into town later to pick up my remote - It better had god damn be in stock!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.