GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/01 at 10:44
Regular
good morning to u all.

i think the xbox will rule and make all the uvver consoles look stupid
especially the greystation and gamecube, wich is for styupid munkees

what do u think?
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:34
Regular
Let me guess your combined age is 12.
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:30
Hi Fl@me Boy! I'm new too! This is so cool!

I love Nintendo too! Have you seen pictures of the new Metroid? It's amazing!
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:27
I think that Sony will win because people will buy the Playstation 2 and think it's like a cool Playstation but when it's not.

I hope Nintendo release Mario cause it's cool. I wonder if metroid will be back.

Prepare to be grilllllled!....

Flame Boy!
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:26
Regular
Is i' cos da Gamecube is purple?
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:24
I'm sorry I have to say this, but if you don't tone down that behavior, I might have to consider reporting your post. I'm sorry.
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:21
Regular
Is i' cos da Xbox is black?
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:19
Hey now, that's racist, you shouldn't say things like that.
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:17
Regular
Noobee wrote:
greystation

Is i' cos da PS2 is black??
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:03
Woah, excellent reply!

I think that will win gameaday today! Good luck!
Fri 07/09/01 at 16:02
Sniper wrote:
> Plz do grow up.

k

The consoles no longer matter. You can buy any one you like and it will not change things. When you buy a console you are buying the rights to exclusive games, a writ if you like. Buying a console is merely a way of securing your right to by that Nintendo exclusive Zelda game, or get Final Fantasy X first if you buy a PS2.

This isn’t console wars…It’s the war of the games.

Come this time next year the Dreamcast will have all but disappeared to the realms of the second hand shop. We will be left with the PS2, GameCube and X-Box. All of which will have remarkably similar capabilities. Despite the difference in specs between the consoles all will be capable of delivering visually stunning games. This is all a console can do. It has the capability to provide the games developers with what they need to make great games.

With the arrival of the GameCube and X-Box, many games will be multi-platform. They will be released on all consoles, perhaps not at the same time but all console owners will get a chance to play these games. They may be amazing games but they matter not a bit in deciding who wins the next-gen war, Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.

What will decide this is the exclusive games. The games that will only be available on one console. These are the important ones. The games that make owners of other consoles squirm in misery whilst watching enviously at something they will never get.

So what are these all important games. Well, Sony has GT3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Jak and Daxtar, Final Fantasy X and XII and the Tekken series. We will have to wait to see if these games stay single platform or eventually go onto other consoles but they will all start on PS2. This is a great line up and will convince many people, including me into buying a PS2, in fact my PS2 was bought solely for GT3 and FFX although I do of course have other games.

Nintendo’s GameCube has the Zelda games, Mario games, Luigi games, Super Monkey ball and many others which are assured never to see the light of day on a rival console. This is due to Nintendo games being made mainly by first party of second party developers which Nintendo have a big say over. The amount of these exclusive games could sway people over to the GameCube quite easily.

X-Box is behind in the well-known exclusive titles although I am sure some will be dark horses and will make other console owners wince in jealousy. Halo is supposedly going to be an X-box exclusive along with some other games of some note although nothing on the scale of Sony’s or Nintendo’s line up.

My prediction is that either Sony or Nintendo will win this round but the losers will be back to fight another day. As will Sega.

Blah Blah etc ho-hum greystation poo. uhh nintys are kids. x-box smells. i love bricks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.