GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"n e 1 played Guitar Freaks?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/01 at 10:08
Regular
After playing it with a couple of mates in an arcade, I wanted to know if it was available / going to be available for a home console.
After a quick search on the web, I discovered that it was already out in Japan, and had been for months. They were even on their second-mix add-on disk!
You even get guitar controllers to use with it, which are smaller replicas of the arcade verions!
A check with Konami, and the game will never reach either US or UK shores. =(
What a tragedy. This is a great game, and because it's so popular on American import, shops rarely get it over here, if at all.
I have got an add-on to let me play import titles, because my favourite game is FF Anthology at the moment, but UK gamers are finding it harder to play some quality titles. The titles that we are missing out on most are the Beatmani games by Konami, and RPGs. They happen to be the games I like the most. =(
Surely there is a market for these games in the UK? We shouldn't have to get our PS chipped and pay over the top prices for games to travel thousands of miles.
The upshot is that I found a small UK import shop on the net which was selling Guitar Freaks for £30, and another which was selling the guitars for £20 - so I ended up getting it all for the cost of a PS2 game!
At least people are making these chips so I can play them, and some small UK shops are fuelling demand for imports from people like me.

Does anybody else buy import PS games which don't have release plans for the UK, what do you buy?
Fri 07/09/01 at 19:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes I used to buy Import PSone games.They were pirate actually as well.But some games like Parasite Eve 2 were great especially considering the fact it never came out over here
Fri 07/09/01 at 10:08
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
After playing it with a couple of mates in an arcade, I wanted to know if it was available / going to be available for a home console.
After a quick search on the web, I discovered that it was already out in Japan, and had been for months. They were even on their second-mix add-on disk!
You even get guitar controllers to use with it, which are smaller replicas of the arcade verions!
A check with Konami, and the game will never reach either US or UK shores. =(
What a tragedy. This is a great game, and because it's so popular on American import, shops rarely get it over here, if at all.
I have got an add-on to let me play import titles, because my favourite game is FF Anthology at the moment, but UK gamers are finding it harder to play some quality titles. The titles that we are missing out on most are the Beatmani games by Konami, and RPGs. They happen to be the games I like the most. =(
Surely there is a market for these games in the UK? We shouldn't have to get our PS chipped and pay over the top prices for games to travel thousands of miles.
The upshot is that I found a small UK import shop on the net which was selling Guitar Freaks for £30, and another which was selling the guitars for £20 - so I ended up getting it all for the cost of a PS2 game!
At least people are making these chips so I can play them, and some small UK shops are fuelling demand for imports from people like me.

Does anybody else buy import PS games which don't have release plans for the UK, what do you buy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.