GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adding Ticker to Instant Pro site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/10 at 11:53
Regular
Hi,

just a quick one to test your brains on a Monday morning :-)

I would like to add a news ticker with details of match results etc, everything I've seen seems to read from a txt file, can this txt file be uploaded via Instant Pro or do I need to find a ticker that will allow me to customise the HTML within the page ?

any tips / thoughts most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jason

www.bletchleytowncc.com
Mon 22/03/10 at 14:00
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Most News Tickers will be JavaScript based, which may read a text file and display it's contents in a similar fashion to news.bbc.co.uk, the problem being InstantPro does not yet support JS snippets/widgets.

As Hmmm has stated we are working on adding this functionality for InstantPro, however at the current time the only thing you could perhaps embed would be a Flash news ticker, but you would still need a remote file to feed data to the news ticker.
Mon 22/03/10 at 13:55
Regular
well that explains why I was having issues with the scripting I 'borrowed' from elsewhere !!!

Just have to wait for the update then, thanks for your reply :-)
Mon 22/03/10 at 13:47
"Are you sure?"
Lots of 'ticker' scripts use JavaScript, so for now I think things will be rather limited.

Good news though - Freeola are working on an InstantPro JavaScript plugin so more functionality will be available soon :¬)

FYI
A while back I created this demo for another Freeola forum member - it's based on the BBC's script: www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/ticker (running on my non InstantPro Freeola website)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Mon 22/03/10 at 11:53
Regular
Hi,

just a quick one to test your brains on a Monday morning :-)

I would like to add a news ticker with details of match results etc, everything I've seen seems to read from a txt file, can this txt file be uploaded via Instant Pro or do I need to find a ticker that will allow me to customise the HTML within the page ?

any tips / thoughts most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jason

www.bletchleytowncc.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.