GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official PSP Concept Unit"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
http://tinyurl.com/tphx

Hmmmm... looks sleek, but not exactly the greatest layout I've ever seen. The D-pad seems worryingly shallow, and it's doesn't look particularly well shaped for comfort (ergonomics akin to the NES controller anyone?). Then again, as they say, very early, things may change, yak yak yak.

Just nice to get some more info out of Sony on this!
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:17
"Sony/PS2/Best"
It looks nice!
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I like it. Only problems are that the screen will get ultra-greasy from hands and the keychain in the corner (if they think anyone will actually want to put it on their belt like that in public they're seriously out of touch).
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:59
Regular
It looks a bit weird, but remember it is a concept unit so it will probably change its appearance for the release.
I cant wait to E3 next year!!!!
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:26
"period drama"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The screen's a bit wide. It might stretch all the games out funny,
> or
> puit big borders on the edge.
>
> Or display them in widescreen...

Yeah bit it's wider than widescreen. Like the wrong proportions.
A bit.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:21
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/tphx

I just tried that and nothing came up :(
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The screen's a bit wide. It might stretch all the games out funny, or
> puit big borders on the edge.

Or display them in widescreen...
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:08
"period drama"
The screen's a bit wide. It might stretch all the games out funny, or puit big borders on the edge.

Not too bad though - a proper analogue stuick would have been nice. Even if the games themselves have digital controls, it's still nice - for the diagonals and stuff.
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Complete Banker"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> It look ok, except for the buttons. But you know it's going to change
> in appearance - remember the concept PS2's? With the little LCD
> screen on the console that told you what was on the memory card?

I think those pics were mock-up's by OPSM and not produced by Sony. On that basis I'd imagine that the final product is likely to be close to this one, although they will probably make a few changes such as button placement (Reset button) and the curves edges making using the D-pad appear very difficult.

More than likely the end product will be larger with the buttons further away from the edge.

I love it though - it's already on next years Christmas list!
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:13
Regular
It look ok, except for the buttons. But you know it's going to change in appearance - remember the concept PS2's? With the little LCD screen on the console that told you what was on the memory card?

Still going to be a definite purchase though.
Just hope it doesn't turn out all N-Gage style...
Wed 05/11/03 at 14:57
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
well I like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.