GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 23:14
Regular
The Legend of Zelda first appeared way back in 1987 with the game entitled the legend of Zelda. The meaningful storyline and character development was way ahead of its time and it created quite a following and a sequel was craved. In Tomb Raider quick time The legend of Zelda the adventure of link appeared in 1988 and Shigsy tried something new for the game going from top down to side scrolling but the fans of the game didn’t like it and so it was back to a top down view for the 1991 game the legend of Zelda a link to the past on the SNES.

It was absolutely wonderful more involved than The first with a larger colour pallet like ocarina of time it was once called the greatest game of all time. It was the turn of the Gameboy next and in 1994 the greatest Gameboy game ever (except Pokémon) was released a legend of Zelda Link’s awakening, which was updated in 1998 for the Gameboy Colour. Zelda despite not being as popular as Mario or Donkey Kong but it was always Nintendo’s best and this was proven when in 1998 after 3 years of waiting The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time came out and is still critically acclaimed today.

In 2000 only a year and a half after the last a sequel appeared Majora’s mask which wasn’t as scary as the first but with impending doom and odd moans from the lovers it was still very disturbing and adult. It was astonishing and Zelda was going mad. Next two Zelda’s though both of which showed up in 2001 weren’t even made by Nintendo something that hasn’t been done since the 3 CDI adventures which weren’t part of the real series much like Never say never again wasn’t part of the proper James Bond stories. Capcom with a little help from Shigsy made what is called the greatest ever 2D Zelda’s Oracle of Ages and Seasons yet to be released in this country.

But it is the next one that is causing a stir amongst gamers.

Only called The Legend of Zelda in this country Shigsy has completely changed his game. To become a Jet Set Radio graphical style game. I was of course delighted about Zelda but it was the new one that made me desire it more than ever. The first Spaceworld demo looked good but it seemed to be the 2 on the 64 with much better graphics. No problem there but I want something new like Zelda revolutionized gaming on the NES, SNES, Gameboy and 64 I wanted it to do that on the Gamecube but I didn’t think it would.

Until the new one, funnier, more original and Shigsy can do so mush more with the game now. It won’t be forever the next might return to the first Spaceworld one but I tell you this some of you may not like it but at least Zelda is a new experience every time rather than lets say Tomb Raider!

Dringo
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Ok.
Wed 12/09/01 at 14:36
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
The game was called Legend of Zelda, because it is part of the series. The series is named after Pricess Zelda 'cos she gets caught and needs to be rescued in most of the games. They can hardly call it the legend of link, just cos she wasn't in it. Link's awakening didn't have Zelda in but it was still a Zelda game. And anyway, Zelda is in MM, in a flashback.
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:56
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Why is it called The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask when Princess Zelda isn't even in it.
Wed 12/09/01 at 07:02
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Why is it called the Legend of Zelda when it stars Link?
Wed 12/09/01 at 00:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I have got to say that this new look for Zelda that I dont like it at all!!!!!

I can't believe that it's all cartoony!!

And Nintendo say there getting away from there kiddy look sheesh!!

As a big (and im talking huge here , Iv'e done a magazine as an A level project on it and everything...anyways )Zelda fan I am dissapointed, i'm still going to get it because Nintendo won't fault on the Storyline but I need convincing that this is somehow better than the lush 3D i saw in the old video of Link and Gannondorf squaring up all that time ago.
Tue 11/09/01 at 23:40
Regular
The real question is, does the new Zelda want you?
Tue 11/09/01 at 23:32
Regular
I want the new Zelda.
Tue 11/09/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I wonder how big the Gorons' lips are? Probably HUGE with this new cartoon look!
Tue 11/09/01 at 10:29
Regular
"DS..."
better luck next time!
slik ~_~
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:30
Regular
:( this didn't win :( ahh well who cares back to the drawing board!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.