GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"vice city controls"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Thu 06/11/03 at 02:03
Regular
Can anyone help me sort out the controls so that they are exactly the same as the ps2 version, this would be very much appreciated as I find it very frustrating otherwise. I have a ps2 to pc controller converter so I can play with my ps2 controller please help me.
Mon 05/01/04 at 11:24
Regular
The PS2 Joystick control is p!ss poor.

S'why I bought the PC Version. That, and the fact I don't have a PS2.
Mon 05/01/04 at 03:11
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I find the driving controls far too sensitive...
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:46
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> but you don;t understand - Vice City for PC has *no* autoaim or
> assitstance, so you can easily make a pig's ear out of shooting a
> bloody van.....

when i said that, i meant with a joypad.

i am highly skilled in the mouse and keyboard...
Sun 09/11/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I found it hard to start with, but a bit of practise goes a long way.
Sat 08/11/03 at 23:20
Regular
I used my keyboard and mouse for vice city and it worked fine for me :) There was one mission where I found the controls difficult - the RC helicopter mission, where you had to plant some bombs on a construction site. I found it very hard to control the helicopter, as did other people that I know but then again, other people found it easy, so maybe it depends on the person or something.
Sat 08/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
but you don;t understand - Vice City for PC has *no* autoaim or assitstance, so you can easily make a pig's ear out of shooting a bloody van.....
Sat 08/11/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Vice City has a hell of a lot of shooting elements.

If you're using Windows you're MEANT to be browsing the internet with Internet Explorer, but as anyone who has ever tried another browser will know, Internet Explorer is awful. If you're connecting to Fasttrack, you're MEANT to use Kazaa, but everyone uses Kazaa lite. Give me a keyboard and mouse any day. Or possibly a joystick for a flight sim.
Sat 08/11/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
since when was vice city a shooter ?

Plus vice city was originally a console game anyway, so I'd argue a pad is how it's MEANT to be played.
Sat 08/11/03 at 18:05
Regular
there is no way you can play ANY shooter with a joypad on the pc.

if you did, you'd have to choose 'i can't die' in difficulty settings, if there was such a setting, because the best way to play, is the way it's meant to be played.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I think it plays best with the joypad, and I've never played it on a console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.