GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website members "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/10 at 03:37
Regular
Hi everyone, I feel it would be a good idea for Freeola to add a members section for people to put on their private websites. Where guests can join your site & have their own profile/picture etc like many others have i.e webs.com.

post here if you think its a good idea. Thanks.
Sat 20/03/10 at 15:03
"Are you sure?"
Here's my simple demo page for the InstantPro 'password protection' feature that Numnut mentioned.

View a working demo the password is [b]freeola[/b]

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 20/03/10 at 10:09
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
As Hmmm has said, the Chat forum add on will allow you to do this.

You may also want to consider the password protection feature available with InstantPro which will allow you have pages which only certain people can access.

This wont allow you to create a community with member profiles and such like but you will be able to have an area on your site which only a select number of visitors can access.

To enable password protection on your pages, open InstantPro and from the site overview screen, select the Password protection option which is shown under the Options heading.

From here you will be able to set passwords for some, all or one of your pages!
Sat 20/03/10 at 09:03
"Are you sure?"
Freeola do have this Chat Forum Hosting which might be what you are after?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Sat 20/03/10 at 03:37
Regular
Hi everyone, I feel it would be a good idea for Freeola to add a members section for people to put on their private websites. Where guests can join your site & have their own profile/picture etc like many others have i.e webs.com.

post here if you think its a good idea. Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.