GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Webmail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/03/10 at 19:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
While I'm lurking...

Hello,

I use the webmail service to send the occasional private email I need to send. I do go through the emails in the inbox and trash then delete them and just keep the emails I want in the inbox.

New computer - just set it up to download these emails and got all the junk I'd just deleted.

Can I stop this happening without the obvious "don't download your emails to your computer"?

Fri 19/03/10 at 15:36
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Thanks for your recommendation Hmmm... but it's a little
> excessive for what I needed.
>
> Well you live and learn^^ I followed the instructions from LukeM
> and bingo! All sorted. Never realised that element was there
> and it's so easy when you know how :)
>
> Thanks so much

NP, the "Manage Mailbox" tool essentially provides similar functionality to JBMail for viewing and deleting messages in your inbox, but is a fair amount easier to use and doesn't need a download.
Fri 19/03/10 at 11:38
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thanks for your recommendation Hmmm... but it's a little excessive for what I needed.

Well you live and learn^^ I followed the instructions from LukeM and bingo! All sorted. Never realised that element was there and it's so easy when you know how :)

Thanks so much
Thu 18/03/10 at 13:03
"Are you sure?"
I can recommend JBMail - a handy little utility that allows you direct access to your mail server.

It's got me out of trouble a few times :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 18/03/10 at 12:39
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Warhunt I think was referring to a feature within your MyFreeola control panel that enables you to see the messages on the server and allows you to delete the ones you do not need.

Log into your MyFreeola account, then click "View/Edit E-mail Addresses", next to the e-mail address in question click "Settings & Features", then click "Manage Mailbox" on the next page.

Hope that helps :)
Thu 18/03/10 at 12:08
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Access the server directly? Wouldn't know where to begin :)

I'll play around with it all again but it sounds like I'd be best off just leaving everything I need in the Webmail inbox and letting all my junk reside on your servers ><

Thanks ><
Thu 18/03/10 at 09:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
When using the Webmail you do not access the email stored on the server directly, rather you will access a generated copy of said emails the first time you log on. By deleting them you are only deleting the copied emails rather than the server stored versions.

This is why you received the emails again when downloading them from the server using a client. To avoid this happening again will depend on the email client you were using.

By default most clients do not leave a copy of emails on the server so you may find that the emails have already been removed after you have read them.

If not then you can change the option within the client account settings, or alternatively use your MyFreeola account to access the server directly and remove any unwanted emails from there. (Somewhat inconvenient for your issue, but a handy facility for the one offs)
Wed 17/03/10 at 19:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
While I'm lurking...

Hello,

I use the webmail service to send the occasional private email I need to send. I do go through the emails in the inbox and trash then delete them and just keep the emails I want in the inbox.

New computer - just set it up to download these emails and got all the junk I'd just deleted.

Can I stop this happening without the obvious "don't download your emails to your computer"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.