GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Power of the people"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 19:24
Regular
Now just from reading the above title your probably thinking something along the lines of well something ridiculously stupid and nothing to do with this topic. So if that worries you then please fell free to use foul language in this room to say how you feel about it.

The topic I am thinking of is the power of people. What we can be capable of; the planet today is what it is because of the result of human activity. Every building you see, every field you walk in, and every single piece of litter you find on the ground, every bomb in the street and every person murdered is all an example of the power of an individual human being.

But there are also the beauties of humanity ranging from discoveries, inventions for the better of many kind and entertainment all the way to teachers, doctors and all of those people willing to dedicate their lives to help others. Mankind is a very mixed race, unlike animals that all follow very much the same routine and do what every human should do, and protect each other.

We have been responsible for millions of deaths of human beings; the extinction of endangered species, and destroyed half the world’s rain forests. So why do we deserve what we get? As an overall species man is dominant and arrogant. We think about ourselves more then anyone else, and that is very self cantered and cruel.

The examples are endless, a recent survey discovered that 78% of children are too afraid to leave their homes and go and play, 6% of the worlds population live in America yet they use 30% of the worlds resources. Countries like Africa who is in more need of food and water then basically any country in the whole world are left with a very low percentage.

Why don’t we help? Why do we go on with our normal day lives pretending we’re fine? Because the truth is we’re not and if we don’t do something soon, then who knows? In just a matter of 28 years scientists predict that oil will have run out, in maybe as little as 30 years time the O-Zone layer could be destroyed and the worlds oceans will rise and while all this still goes on we still ignore it.

I’m sure many people will object to this saying they donate this that and the other. But how can you help society more? Thousands of illegal immigrants travel into our country each year and live of your tax and the government does nothing about it, the IRA threaten every person in the United Kingdom and still they do nothing. How long and how much will it take to persuade them? I ask you.

And this has been my short topic on the power of people. What we are capable of, I hope this has made you think about certain subjects. As without people willing to donate their lives to make yours better society would already have ended. Are you doing your part?
Fri 07/09/01 at 01:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go read my "Humanity is a Virus" post for a slightly more.."passionate" version of this topic.
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:27
Regular
"I am your father"
Forgive me for that, don't hate me afterwards, just a matter of opinion.
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:24
Regular
"I am your father"
Now just from reading the above title your probably thinking something along the lines of well something ridiculously stupid and nothing to do with this topic. So if that worries you then please fell free to use foul language in this room to say how you feel about it.

The topic I am thinking of is the power of people. What we can be capable of; the planet today is what it is because of the result of human activity. Every building you see, every field you walk in, and every single piece of litter you find on the ground, every bomb in the street and every person murdered is all an example of the power of an individual human being.

But there are also the beauties of humanity ranging from discoveries, inventions for the better of many kind and entertainment all the way to teachers, doctors and all of those people willing to dedicate their lives to help others. Mankind is a very mixed race, unlike animals that all follow very much the same routine and do what every human should do, and protect each other.

We have been responsible for millions of deaths of human beings; the extinction of endangered species, and destroyed half the world’s rain forests. So why do we deserve what we get? As an overall species man is dominant and arrogant. We think about ourselves more then anyone else, and that is very self cantered and cruel.

The examples are endless, a recent survey discovered that 78% of children are too afraid to leave their homes and go and play, 6% of the worlds population live in America yet they use 30% of the worlds resources. Countries like Africa who is in more need of food and water then basically any country in the whole world are left with a very low percentage.

Why don’t we help? Why do we go on with our normal day lives pretending we’re fine? Because the truth is we’re not and if we don’t do something soon, then who knows? In just a matter of 28 years scientists predict that oil will have run out, in maybe as little as 30 years time the O-Zone layer could be destroyed and the worlds oceans will rise and while all this still goes on we still ignore it.

I’m sure many people will object to this saying they donate this that and the other. But how can you help society more? Thousands of illegal immigrants travel into our country each year and live of your tax and the government does nothing about it, the IRA threaten every person in the United Kingdom and still they do nothing. How long and how much will it take to persuade them? I ask you.

And this has been my short topic on the power of people. What we are capable of, I hope this has made you think about certain subjects. As without people willing to donate their lives to make yours better society would already have ended. Are you doing your part?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.