GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VCD on PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 16:33
Regular
Has anyone tried VCD on their PS2, and more to the point video's burn't to VCD with nero. I heard that different things about this working and not working. Does Region X make it work maybe?
Sun 14/03/10 at 22:04
Regular
Another cold bright breezy morning and an an ebbing tide. No baitfish off the sugar loaf yet, but Radio Martin swears they are on the warts. We stayed tight and relied on freezer baits and artificials. Small/medium Callig were spread thinly between us plus a couple of light weight Coalies.
And it's official the dredgers somehow missed one Scallop because Richie caught it !
As the wind eased slightly we plodded back into the bay, with Cam and Quinney catching the most consistently (somehow).
Colin caught a couple but shyed off his standard late whopper, Martins 'rockfish' was the crest of his slump, and Richie should have stayed in bed with the tail end of his cold, if you discount the mollusc.
I fared about the same until the last gasp Cod caught absolutely intentionaly on a tiny orange lure and a scrap of razor.
Water temperatures should rise soon though and hopefully the summer species will start to show up.
Tue 11/09/01 at 16:43
Regular
"accidental superher"
well i definitely think that it should run official vcds...but i'm not too bothered....
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Heh heh. When you puta disc in the PS2 that it cannot read, it comes up with that pink screen, and this sound goes "Meeew." in a really upset tone.

Perhaps it has a complex about not being able to run everything?
Mon 10/09/01 at 14:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
Ö> wrote:
> No we've been through this many times, a PS2 magazine said it works
> with official vcd's not the burnt ones but I've never heard anyone
> say it actally works.

I think all you need is a VCD driver
> because the hardware is there to play them.

they do not work...
when you put in an official vcd...
it goes to this pinky screen and says please insert a playstation or playstation 2 disk
Fri 07/09/01 at 14:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
ok i'll go and try and use it with an official vcd...and then report back
Thu 06/09/01 at 18:34
Regular
"Back For Good"
No we've been through this many times, a PS2 magazine said it works with official vcd's not the burnt ones but I've never heard anyone say it actally works.

I think all you need is a VCD driver because the hardware is there to play them.
Thu 06/09/01 at 17:14
Regular
"Tag as above"
Cheers Wookster but I anit gonna listen to you because thats not what I wanted to hear.;-)

Has anyone else tried it? or with region X thingy
Thu 06/09/01 at 16:35
"High polygon count"
Officially, not.

Someone here reckons they have, though - but I have a few, and they don't work.
Thu 06/09/01 at 16:33
Regular
"Tag as above"
Has anyone tried VCD on their PS2, and more to the point video's burn't to VCD with nero. I heard that different things about this working and not working. Does Region X make it work maybe?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.