GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ive got worms 3D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Worms 3D'.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive not played it yet, but i was wondering if anyone else would be interested in some online shennanigans.
Fri 05/12/03 at 21:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> So did you like it cookie monster?

Ive played it once so far.

I dont really have time for it.
Fri 05/12/03 at 20:12
"Genius!"
So did you like it cookie monster?
Sun 30/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Jo-chan wrote:
> Sometimes I would just mess around and make them drill holes and
> build little colonies
> underground or something.
>
>
> I used to do that on the megadrive version. Great fun it was too.

Damn right. I remember my cousin and I were playing Worms, and we were making colonies, and he drilled down and made a huge cavern and had all his worms in there, and I came along and dropped a stick of dynamtie down.
Bless.
Sun 30/11/03 at 15:49
"LOLLERSKATES!"
ive got it on ps2.
Tue 18/11/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Jo-chan wrote:
> Sometimes I would just mess around and make them drill holes and build > little colonies underground or something.

I used to do that on the megadrive version. Great fun it was too.
Tue 18/11/03 at 01:07
Regular
"Onna no Baka"
When I saw the title of this topic I didn't notice the 3D... "I've got worms" XD

Anyway, on the subject of worms I much prefer Worms Armageddon, I remember spending hours a day just nuking every one and every thing in sight. Sometimes I would just mess around and make them drill holes and build little colonies underground or something.

*shrugs* ^^

--Jo-chan
Tue 11/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I've played the game and it feels above average, but I still prefer the old 2d versions. The camera can't pass through terrain so sometimes your left in uncomfortable positions, and the 'deformable terrain' isn't as eye catching as it is in Red Faction. Infact, when you blow away bits of earth you don't get much satisfaction as it just vanishes in a way that leaves you thinking "was the terrain already like that before I shot?". Red Faction (the first game, not the sequel) had spectacular deformable terain but it's gameplay and AI was kind of crap. If the physics engine was taken from that game and put in this one it might be a different story. Oh, and another criticism is that the worms move in a strict Forward-backwards and left-right way which feels clunky. No proper smooth Super Mario 64 movement here I'm afraid.

Having said all that, those observations are from playing the official demo and not the full game, so the single-player experience (missions and all) may have some redeeming qualities.
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:53
Regular
I may purchase this game as I found the first Worms games addictive...
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Tutorials always make you feel that way, play the proper game.
Mon 10/11/03 at 17:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive just had a little play through the tutorial, at the moment im still tempted to take it back to game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.