GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Characters Anonymous"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/09/01 at 14:35
Regular
- This is a transcript of the first meeting of Game Characters Anonymous -

Chairman: Hello to you all and welcome to our very first GCA meeting. As you know, we are here to break the illusion that you exist in a game environment and in fact you are living beings in the real world. To break the ice, I myself can admit that I once believed that I was the whip in the Indiana Jones games. My family and friends pleaded with me to get professional help, especially when I started throwing myself at branches in an attempt to wrap around them for my master to swing with. After multiple hospital trips I sought out help, and here I am today, fully cured.
So, for this first meeting please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about how you are feeling.

DK: Hi. My name is Donkey Kong and I am a video game character.
For me it all started one night when I was looking for a snack. I usually enjoy a nice banana before bedtime. It had been a hectic day, the plumbers had been in to fix our bath, and all I wanted was some grub. Anyway, I went to the fruit bowl and to my horror all my bananas had gone missing. There could only be one explanation, the plumbers must’ve taken them.
From that moment I swore vengence on those two, and made it my goal in life to destroy them and anyone else who came between me and my bananas.

Chairman: Mario where are you going ?

Mario: EH ? I needa to go, I thinka I left the oven on....

Chairman: Sit down please, I’m sure we can sort all this out in an amicable way. Donkey, please continue.

DK: Yeah, like I said, it was war. I really can’t help myself, everytime I see a pair of dungarees I go mental, throwing barrels around, smacking people, grabbing bananas left right and center. And can you imagine our repair bills at home ? If I need to go into a different room, I have to swing from lightshade to lightshade. My wife is at her wits end. I need help.

Chairman: OK, DK. Thanks for that introduction, here’s a banana. Now who is next ?

Eike: Hi. My name is Eike, and I am a video game character. It all started when I was murdered.... I was wa.......

Chairman: You were murdered ?

Eike: I was what ?

Chairman: You just said you were murdered....

Eike: Who are you ?

Chairman: I’m the chairman of ga....

Eike: Where am I ? What am I doing here ? Who are all these weirdos ? They seem like shadows in my memory. Ahhhhh God, it is happening again.... Aaaahhhh....

- Eike runs from the room –

Chairman: Ah, OK... well that was unexpected ! OK, next....

PM: Hi, I’m Pacman and I’m a video game character.
I’ve been this was since I was a kid. My therapist tells me that it all started when I was given a giant yellow smartie as a treat. I had never seen the likes of this before, and decided that this was what life was all about.
Since then a bunch of ghosts appeared –PM looks around- and just started chasing me around the place. Wherever I’d go they were right on my heels, always floating, never speaking. They’re freaking me out man. But I know how to beat them... Oh yeah, I’ve got their number....

Chairman: And how is that ?

PM: I eat them. I have it all worked out. I just leave a trail of smarties in plain view. The ghosts know I love smarties, so they come out...

Chairman: And ?

PM: And I just eat them. That shows ‘em. Oh yeah that shows ‘em all right. They won’t mess with me again. But there is a problem. The police are becoming interested. They’re asking a lot of questions. Saying that there are a lot of tramps missing from our neighborhood. Saying that these bums are following sweetie trails around the neighborhood, and just disappearing. Nothing to do with me I tell them, but they’re coming around more and more. You have to help me.

Chairman: What does your wife have to say about this ?

PM: You mean Mrs. Pacman ?

Chairman: Well, if by Mrs.Pacman you mean your charming wife Edna, then yes !

Edna: You have to lock Harold up. He needs treatment. Please help us. Please....

- Gulp. Crunch. Splat. –

Chairman: Em, we seem to have lost Mrs.Pacman, I mean Edna. Can someone please put a straight jacket on pacman.... NEXT !

Link: Hi, I’m Link. It all started when they took Zelda from me. We were just kids that met one summer in the woods. Ah, we had a great summer that year. Lost in our own childish world. But then she vanished. Of course, people say it was her parents taking her back to Birmingham, but I know better. She is trapped in a dark castle somewhere, all alone.
But I have an Ocarina to save her with.

- toot , toot –

Link: See, this Ocarina solves everything. I can change the flow of time, I can change into a Goron....

Chairman: Moron, more likely

Link: Pardon ?

Chairman: Nothing, please carry on.

Link: I’ve spoken to fairies you know. They understand me. They’ve shown me the way. They’ve shown me how to get information on Zelda. All I need to do is call to peoples dwellings and start to talk to them about life and hope, and they will just open up to me.

Chairman: What are the fairies called Link ?

Link: Witnesses. They’re called. Because they witnessed the kidnapping of Zelda, by the evil Jehovah.

Chairman: So, you work for the Jehovah Witnesses then.

Link: It is not work, it is my life quest. IT IS MY DESTINY.

- toot toot –

- Link runs from the room –

Chairman: OK, next we have Brendan, or ‘Snake’ as he likes to be called. Snake, please come out form behind that chair.

Snake: You can see me ?

Chairman: Of course we can see you, why wouldn’t we ?

Snake: I’m in stealth mode.

- Snake sits down, moving in silence –

Snake: It is a conspiracy you know. Don’t trust anyone. But why all the killing, ... why ? Killing is bad, but I have to do it to survive. To expose the evil underbelly of the conspirators.

Chairman: What conspirators ?

Snake: Don’t pretend you don’t know. I’m not stupid. You’re in on it too.

Chairman: Now, steady on. I .....

Snake: Eat lead....

- Bang –

Snake: Such a senseless waste of human life....

- Other transcripts have lately been uncovered, but are too sad to present to you at this time -

- You too can help these people, send your contributions and Gameadays to kevd. I’ll be sure to exorcise all those gaming demons, trapped in their imaginary digital worlds. I will free them.
I will free them all.... follow me my children, mine is the path to freedom....
Follow me..... -
Thu 06/09/01 at 14:35
- This is a transcript of the first meeting of Game Characters Anonymous -

Chairman: Hello to you all and welcome to our very first GCA meeting. As you know, we are here to break the illusion that you exist in a game environment and in fact you are living beings in the real world. To break the ice, I myself can admit that I once believed that I was the whip in the Indiana Jones games. My family and friends pleaded with me to get professional help, especially when I started throwing myself at branches in an attempt to wrap around them for my master to swing with. After multiple hospital trips I sought out help, and here I am today, fully cured.
So, for this first meeting please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about how you are feeling.

DK: Hi. My name is Donkey Kong and I am a video game character.
For me it all started one night when I was looking for a snack. I usually enjoy a nice banana before bedtime. It had been a hectic day, the plumbers had been in to fix our bath, and all I wanted was some grub. Anyway, I went to the fruit bowl and to my horror all my bananas had gone missing. There could only be one explanation, the plumbers must’ve taken them.
From that moment I swore vengence on those two, and made it my goal in life to destroy them and anyone else who came between me and my bananas.

Chairman: Mario where are you going ?

Mario: EH ? I needa to go, I thinka I left the oven on....

Chairman: Sit down please, I’m sure we can sort all this out in an amicable way. Donkey, please continue.

DK: Yeah, like I said, it was war. I really can’t help myself, everytime I see a pair of dungarees I go mental, throwing barrels around, smacking people, grabbing bananas left right and center. And can you imagine our repair bills at home ? If I need to go into a different room, I have to swing from lightshade to lightshade. My wife is at her wits end. I need help.

Chairman: OK, DK. Thanks for that introduction, here’s a banana. Now who is next ?

Eike: Hi. My name is Eike, and I am a video game character. It all started when I was murdered.... I was wa.......

Chairman: You were murdered ?

Eike: I was what ?

Chairman: You just said you were murdered....

Eike: Who are you ?

Chairman: I’m the chairman of ga....

Eike: Where am I ? What am I doing here ? Who are all these weirdos ? They seem like shadows in my memory. Ahhhhh God, it is happening again.... Aaaahhhh....

- Eike runs from the room –

Chairman: Ah, OK... well that was unexpected ! OK, next....

PM: Hi, I’m Pacman and I’m a video game character.
I’ve been this was since I was a kid. My therapist tells me that it all started when I was given a giant yellow smartie as a treat. I had never seen the likes of this before, and decided that this was what life was all about.
Since then a bunch of ghosts appeared –PM looks around- and just started chasing me around the place. Wherever I’d go they were right on my heels, always floating, never speaking. They’re freaking me out man. But I know how to beat them... Oh yeah, I’ve got their number....

Chairman: And how is that ?

PM: I eat them. I have it all worked out. I just leave a trail of smarties in plain view. The ghosts know I love smarties, so they come out...

Chairman: And ?

PM: And I just eat them. That shows ‘em. Oh yeah that shows ‘em all right. They won’t mess with me again. But there is a problem. The police are becoming interested. They’re asking a lot of questions. Saying that there are a lot of tramps missing from our neighborhood. Saying that these bums are following sweetie trails around the neighborhood, and just disappearing. Nothing to do with me I tell them, but they’re coming around more and more. You have to help me.

Chairman: What does your wife have to say about this ?

PM: You mean Mrs. Pacman ?

Chairman: Well, if by Mrs.Pacman you mean your charming wife Edna, then yes !

Edna: You have to lock Harold up. He needs treatment. Please help us. Please....

- Gulp. Crunch. Splat. –

Chairman: Em, we seem to have lost Mrs.Pacman, I mean Edna. Can someone please put a straight jacket on pacman.... NEXT !

Link: Hi, I’m Link. It all started when they took Zelda from me. We were just kids that met one summer in the woods. Ah, we had a great summer that year. Lost in our own childish world. But then she vanished. Of course, people say it was her parents taking her back to Birmingham, but I know better. She is trapped in a dark castle somewhere, all alone.
But I have an Ocarina to save her with.

- toot , toot –

Link: See, this Ocarina solves everything. I can change the flow of time, I can change into a Goron....

Link: Pardon ?

Chairman: Nothing, please carry on.

Link: I’ve spoken to fairies you know. They understand me. They’ve shown me the way. They’ve shown me how to get information on Zelda. All I need to do is call to peoples dwellings and start to talk to them about life and hope, and they will just open up to me.

Chairman: What are the fairies called Link ?

Link: Witnesses. They’re called. Because they witnessed the kidnapping of Zelda, by the evil Jehovah.

Chairman: So, you work for the Jehovah Witnesses then.

Link: It is not work, it is my life quest. IT IS MY DESTINY.

- toot toot –

- Link runs from the room –

Chairman: OK, next we have Brendan, or ‘Snake’ as he likes to be called. Snake, please come out form behind that chair.

Snake: You can see me ?

Chairman: Of course we can see you, why wouldn’t we ?

Snake: I’m in stealth mode.

- Snake sits down, moving in silence –

Snake: It is a conspiracy you know. Don’t trust anyone. But why all the killing, ... why ? Killing is bad, but I have to do it to survive. To expose the evil underbelly of the conspirators.

Chairman: What conspirators ?

Snake: Don’t pretend you don’t know. I’m not stupid. You’re in on it too.

Chairman: Now, steady on. I .....

Snake: Eat lead....

- Bang –

- Other transcripts have lately been uncovered, but are too sad to present to you at this time -

- You too can help these people, send your contributions and Gameadays to kevd. I’ll be sure to exorcise all those gaming demons, trapped in their imaginary digital worlds. I will free them.
I will free them all.... follow me my children, mine is the path to freedom....
Follow me..... -
Thu 06/09/01 at 14:42
Regular
LOL!

Very good!
Thu 06/09/01 at 14:56
"Chairman: OK, DK. Thanks for that introduction, here’s a banana. Now who is next ?"

That cracked me up
Thu 06/09/01 at 15:39
wrote:
> Just trying to keep the troops entertained !!
Thu 06/09/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
LOL
Thu 06/09/01 at 21:35
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh
Thu 06/09/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
this is definatly GAD worthy material
Thu 06/09/01 at 23:03
I agree !

If anything,
"Link: See, this Ocarina solves everything. I can change the flow of time, I can change into a Goron....

Link: Pardon ? "

Should win Quote of the Day !
Thu 06/09/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"

My fave
Fri 07/09/01 at 11:44
wrote:
> The next meeting of GCA is due in two weeks time.
Please post the names of the poor unfortunates that you think should attend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.